Time for another weekend of healthy eating (and lots of play in the sunshine, I’m hoping!) Thanks to everyone who contributed your recipes to last’s week’s Wellness Weekend event, which was bursting with sugar-free, whole foods creativity, color and culinary excellence!
Here are some of my favorite contributions:
- Marcona Almond and Fig Energy Balls from Wayfaring Chocolate (can never have too many balls, right?);
- Sweet Pea Crostini from Cupcakes and Kale (LOVE the color on that one!);
- Lemon Cashew Frosting from Fox in the Kitchen (and I’d say the cake under it looks pretty darned good, too); and
- Heirloom Cherry Tomato Salad from Sometimes I Veg (another burst of gorgeous summer colors in a simple and beautiful salad).
I hope you’ll join in again this weekend. There are so many options for healthy foods. . . whether or not you’re vegan, remember that many salads, veggie side dishes, pasta dishes, desserts, smoothies, and more are naturally vegan and can all be included!
Here’s How to Participate (PLEASE READ THESE GUIDELINES CAREFULLY BEFORE LINKING UP!):
- The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until Monday at midnight throughout the summer.
- Simply link up a recipe you made (and posted about) within the past week that contains health-supporting ingredients (see list below). Use the Linky Tool at the bottom of the page.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page.
- You may submit more than one recipe, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually.
- Please be sure to mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
- As always, I hate to remove links, but will do so if they don’t comply with the guidelines.
What your recipe CAN contain:
- Any good-for-you, whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome!
- Natural sweeteners (coconut sugar, agave, brown rice syrup, maple syrup, stevia, Sucanat, rapadura, coconut nectar, yacon syrup, etc.)
- Vegan ingredients (even if you’re not vegan, OF COURSE you can still play along! You’ll be surprised at how many foods are naturally vegan; and if not, there are many subs you can use for eggs, milk or butter–include vegan options and we’re good to go!).
- Note that this is NOT AN ACD-ONLY EVENT. Any real food ingredients that are sugar-free and vegan are more than welcome–so use that maple syrup, those mushrooms, that nutritional yeast, miso, etc! I’m just looking for healthy, whole foods recipes.
What your recipe cannot contain:
- White flour, white sugar, or any highly refined, highly processed ingredients
- Anything almost entirely artificial (ie, most boxed mixes, fast food, unnaturally colored cereals or other foods, etc.)
- Animal products (meat, chicken, fish or seafood, or their by-products, gelatin, eggs, dairy, butter or honey)
“Hey! Why was my entry removed?”
Most likely, an entry is removed because it doesn’t link to this post. Other reasons are because it includes ingredients not in the guidelines or the link leads to an advertisement or a business blog. Please read the guidelines before posting!