It’s the Canada Day Edition of Wellness Weekend–Happy Long Weekend, Canadians (and no worries, Americans, you get your own holiday next week)!
With this mega summer celebration comes a Mega Summer Ebook Sale on DDD! For a limited time only, I’m offering a great deal on any TWO ebooks from the collection–you can purchase any two for just $10.95 (and yes, that includes Sweet Freedom!). The sale will continue just until August 31st, 2012, so if you’ve ever thought about buying any of these ebooks, now is the time! Hop over to this page to check out the details and place your order.
Lots of Newsy Tidbits to Share:
- I’ve FINALLY updated my Blogroll once again. I’ve removed any blogs that are no longer posting regularly (ie, within the past 2-3 months) and added some new ones that I enjoy reading. If I have commented on your blog and it’s not included here, or if you have a blog you think would fit with the DDD approach, please feel free to either email me or leave a comment below and I will be sure to check it out!
- There are lots of giveaways on the go, like this one from Healthy Voyager for Pure Bars, and this one from Amy for KIND bars. Check ‘em out to enter.
- The great All-Things-Vegan site, Chic Vegan, featured my Lemon Kissed Blueberry Ice Cream–plus five other blueberry-based recipes–last week. I would love to try that Orange-Blueberry Pecan Cake myself!
- My friend Cara, whom you met a couple of weeks ago, went ahead and decided to sweeten my Ebook Deal by throwing in a chance to win some of her new soy-free protein bars as well, so check out what she’s offering, too!
- Allergy-Free Wednesdays continue each week. You can link up your allergy-friendly recipes at one of five different blogs. Check here for more details.
- This month’s Go Ahead Honey, It’s Gluten Free features salads! If you posted a salad recipe in June, check out the guidelines so you can link up to this great event. There are still 2 more days to submit salads! Check out details here.
Do you have a blog linky event, giveaway or other event you’d like me to mention? Send me an email with the details and I’ll include as many as I can each week.
As usual, your recipes were spectacular last week. From puddings to pancakes to Pecan Nibblers; from salads galore to pizza to paté to two kinds of cheesecake–well, I think you outdid yourselves, really! I love all your recipes, so please keep ‘em coming!
Here are some of my picks from last week:
- Green Banana “French Fries” from A Life Unprocessed. How cool is that?
- Red and Yellow Quinoa Salad with Spicy Mustard Dressing from Cooking Quinoa. I’m all about quinoa salads and this sounds like a great one!
- Homemade Ground Vanilla from Penniless Parenting. Dried vanilla powder is great, but it can be expensive. This is such a neat idea, to make it at home!
- Millet Granola from The Taste Space. I recently tried a granola recipe with millet in it and just loved it–adds such a great crunch!
And This Week’s Readers’ Choices:
- Readers’ Choice, Savory: Lentil Loaf from Everyday Vegan Girl. One of my favorite dinners is a good legume loaf! This one sounds easy AND delicious.
- Readers’ Choice, Sweet: Summer Berry No-Bake Cheesecake from Sweet & Healthy Living. This post received more than 150 clicks so far! I love the healthy ingredients in here, and the photos are just mouth-watering.
Thank you to every one of you who played along by submitting your recipes! I love seeing what you all make each week. I always look forward to seeing what you’ll come up with!
Please join us for Wellness Weekend this week! There are so many options for healthy foods. . . whether or not you’re vegan, remember that many salads, veggie side dishes, pasta dishes, desserts, smoothies, and more are naturally vegan and can all be included!
Here’s How to Participate:
The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients (see list below). You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link more than once to the same page from your blog.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page. The post must contain a recipe.
- You may submit more than one recipe, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE. If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky.
- Please be sure to mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
What your recipe CAN contain:
- Any good-for-you, whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome!
- Natural sweeteners (coconut sugar, agave, brown rice syrup, maple syrup, stevia, Sucanat, rapadura, coconut nectar, yacon syrup, etc.)
- Vegan ingredients (even if you’re not vegan, OF COURSE you can still play along! You’ll be surprised at how many foods are naturally vegan; and if not, there are many subs you can use for eggs, milk or butter–include vegan options and we’re good to go!).
- Note that this is NOT AN ACD-ONLY EVENT. Any real food ingredients that are sugar-free and vegan are more than welcome–so use that maple syrup, those mushrooms, that nutritional yeast, miso, etc! I’m just looking for healthy, whole foods recipes.
What your recipe cannot contain:
- White flour, white sugar, or any highly refined, highly processed ingredients (note that regular brown sugar is actually refined!);
- Anything almost entirely artificial (ie, most boxed mixes, fast food, faux “cheese,” faux “meat,” or margarine, unnaturally colored cereals or other foods, etc.);
- Animal products (meat, chicken, fish or seafood, or their by-products, gelatin, eggs, dairy, butter or honey).
“Hey! Why was my entry removed?”
I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link.
- The most common reason entries are removed is because they don’t adhere to the guidelines: either they don’t contain a link back to this post, they contain ingredients that aren’t listed here, they link to another blog event, or they contain neither a recipe nor anything directly related to food preparation. If you render a recipe vegan-friendly by adding a vegan option to your ingredients, your post will be good to go! For older posts, you’re welcome to re-post them during the week of the event, or choose a newer recipe.
- Another reason posts are removed is because the link leads to an advertisement or a business blog. Please do NOT link up posts that are merely referrals to a different post or the home page for another blog event.
- I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE read the guidelines before posting!
And n0w. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
Never miss a recipe–or a comment from The Girls! Click here to subscribe to Diet, Dessert and Dogs via email. (“We love subscribers, Mum. . . almost as much as treats!”)