We’re back for this week’s Wellness Weekend! I must admit that I stifled a little sob this past week when I woke up to cooler temperatures for the first time. On the upside, my garden has continued to provide its bounty, so I’ve had lots of basil and jalapenos for spur-of-the-moment recipes. How about you? What have you been cooking up?
I saw so many recipes I’d like to try in last week’s event. From birthday cake to raw treats to thick and creamy smoothies to raw lasagna, the recipes were just as stellar as always. And welcome to all the new folks who joined us for the first time!
- My “Surprise Package” Giveaway ends tomorrow!! It’s my way of saying “thank you” to all of YOU who stop by, read, comment on and support this blog so steadfastly. Enter to win a custom-picked prize pack of my favorite ingredients, kitchen tools and more. Details are here. But no worries: a new giveaway is coming along tomorrow morning, and it’s another great item that I’m thrilled to share with you all.
- Do you love dessert? How about mini, raw desserts? Lisa Pitman of Vegan Culinary Crusade and Nicole Axworthy of A Dash of Compassion just released a new ebook, Tiny Treats (which I purchased yesterday!). It’s filled with mouthwatering, stunningly photographed desserts–and the authors are even donating a portion of the proceeds to an elephant sanctuary in Thailand. Look for my review coming up in a few weeks!
- My friend Hallie recently announced her second book, Super Healthy Cookies. Since I’m an incorrigible cookie lover, this looks fabulous to me! And if I know Hallie, the recipes will be phenomenal, with stunning photography, too. Even better, she informed me that most of the recipes are already vegan! Whoo hoo! Can’t wait to get my hands on this one and tell you all more. For now, get more details here.
- Affiliate links now up on the blog. Some of you may have noticed I’ve added some affiliate links toward the bottom of the right sidebar. As with anything I recommend on the blog, these are items that I actually use myself and can wholeheartedly endorse. If you end up purchasing something after clicking on one of the links, you’ll also help support DDD, as I will earn a small commission from the sale. Eventually, I’ll be adding these to a custom “store” page on the blog, where they will join my full list of favorite products.
- Are you on Pinterest? It’s another great way to keep track of recipes you love. Please join me there! I’ve also just created a new board to showcase recipes from my upcoming cookbook–the recipe testers and I will be adding photos on a regular basis.
Do you have a blog linky event, giveaway or other event you’d like me to mention? Send me an email with the details and I’ll include a few each week (depending on how many requests I get, I may not be able to include them all).
PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY. I will list the events under “Newsy Tidbits” for you if you send me an email.
This Week’s Picks:
Here are some of my favorite links from last’s week’s Wellness Weekend (and feel free to pin any of them directly from these photos–just hover your cursor over the photo, then click on “Pin It”):
Raw Chocolate Chip Brownie Bars from Vegan Culinary Crusade look incredible. Read about Lisa’s new ebook in the Newsy Tidbits, above.
Garlic Chives Mashed Cauliflower from Fitness Girl Kitchen: Who needs potatoes when you can have this?
Lima Beans with Artichokes and Sundried Tomatoes from Wheat Free, Meat Free. I’m always looking for new ways with legumes, and Kalinda’s creative combination sounds great to me. And what a photo!
And This Week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory:
Simple Rosemary Flatbread from Rebel Grrl Kitchen stole your appetites this week! This uber-simple socca flatbread sounds delicious.
Readers’ Choice, Sweet:
Wow, it was a close one this week, but Chocolate Caramel Pecan Cake from Sweetly Raw took the honor! Note that the first recipe isn’t vegan; there’s a raw vegan cake lower down on the post.
Thanks for joining in and sharing all your healthy, sugar-free and vegan recipes. I love seeing what you whip up each week! And I hope you’ll also share on twitter and Facebook (there’s a new, shorter twitter hashtag, too, so you can write more about the food: #WWknd as well as the original #WellnessWeekend).
Here’s How to Participate:
The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed.” Also, if you render a recipe vegan-friendly by adding a vegan option to your ingredients, your post will be good to go!
- This is a recipe event. Your blog post must contain a recipe.
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page. The post must contain a recipe.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE. If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky.
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom. Thanks!
I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING!
And n0w. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
Never miss a recipe–or a comment from The Girls! Click here to subscribe to Diet, Dessert and Dogs via email. (“We love subscribers, Mum. . . almost as much as we love treats!”).