It’s Wellness Weekend once again–welcome to another week of sugar-free, whole foods, healthy recipes! As always, last week’s entries were a stellar combination of seasonal, creative, and absolutely mouth-watering recipes (and glad you all enjoyed Elsie and Chaser’s Halloween costumes so much!).
Thanks so much for continuing to link up!
- It’s HERE! I received my copy of Simply Gluten-Free Magazine and am delighted with how beautiful, informative and jam-packed with recipes it is! And for a little preview, here’s what you’ll find from me in the magazine:
These individual Black Forest Trifles are featured along with a rich, decadent Pumpkin-Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake. All gluten-free, sugar-free, egg-free, and dairy-free, of course! To find out where you can purchase your own copy, or subscribe to the magazine, check the Simply Gluten-Free magazine page.
- My friend Cara is hosting a Clean Eating Cocktail Party throughout November! Every day this month, she’ll post a new recipe from a different blogger, with great ideas for what to serve at your holiday or other parties and get-togethers. Cara kicked off the festivities today with an amazing Rosemary Caramel Almond Popcorn recipe. Be sure to check in throughout the month for more party-worthy recipes!
- The Cutco Knife Giveaway at Healthy Life Lessons continues until October 31st! Cutco knives are well known for their long lives and great customer service. I’ve had one for over 10 years and still use it daily. Head over to Erica’s blog to enter! Ends October 31st.
- Photo shoots for my cookbook started this week–what fun it was to watch the pro in action! If you’d like to keep up with the tester recipes that have been made so far, check out the cookbook Pinterest Board where testers post their creations daily!
Do you have a blog linky event, giveaway or other event you’d like me to mention? Send me an email with the details and I’ll include a few each week (depending on how many requests I get, I may not be able to include them all).
PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY. I will list the events under “Newsy Tidbits” for you if you send me an email to dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom.
This Week’s Picks:
Here are this week’s picks based on the theme, “Something fruity!”
Persimmon Blueberry Parfait from Cats in the Kitchen. I just adore persimmon and love this unusual way of using it!
Slow Cooker Spiced Apple Cider from Practical Stewardship. Is there anything a slow cooker can’t do?
Rippled Raspberry Smoothie from Green Thickies. Such a lovely color, and look at that pretty swirl!
Shaved Carrot and Cranberry Salad from Gluten Free A-Z Blog. A great way to use the cranberries that are so abundant this time of year.
And This Week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory:
Creamy Mashed Cauliflower from Voodies. Love this creamy, low-carb potato sub.
Readers’ Choice, Sweet:
Maple, Almond Butter, Banana Cookies from Infectiously Optimistic. A great way to enjoy your cookies–sans grains!
Thanks for joining in and sharing all your healthy, sugar-free and vegan recipes. I love seeing what you whip up each week! And I hope you’ll also share on twitter and Facebook (there’s a new, shorter twitter hashtag, too, so you can write more about the food: #WWknd as well as the original #WellnessWeekend).
Here’s How to Participate:
The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed,” since they either contain a single ingredient, or could technically be made at home. Also, if you render a recipe vegan-friendly by adding a vegan option to your ingredients, your post will be good to go!
- This is a recipe event. Your blog post must contain a recipe.
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page. The post must contain a recipe.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE. If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky.
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom. Thanks!
I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING!
And n0w. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
Never miss a recipe–or a comment from The Girls! Click here to subscribe to Diet, Dessert and Dogs via email. (“We love subscribers, Mum. . . almost as much as we love treats!”).