Happy Thanksgiving to all my American relatives and friends! I know that Thanksgiving is an important day in the US, and I’ve been excitedly reading about all my friends’ preparations and yummy menus (and wish I could join all of you!). Even though we celebrated here in Canada last month, I am reminded today of how grateful I am for all the wonderful friends I’ve met–both in person, and virtually, just because I thought to start a little food blog over four (!) years ago.
Thanks to all of you who have touched my life in such a positive way because of DDD! And thank you for joining up with Wellness Weekend, and for all your continued support (even though I have been scarce on the blog lately!).
The news list is small this week–looks like the holiday busy-ness has already begun, with so many of us focusing on other things! But here are a few highlights:
- My friend Shirley has just launched a new gluten-free website, All Gluten-Free Desserts--all the time! On this new site, you’ll find every kind of gluten-free dessert you can dream up. It’s a one-stop shop for sweet treats of all types, all gluten-free. And many thanks to Shirley for including some of my recipes on her site!
- Maggie of She Let Them Eat Cake is giving away TWO boxes of Beanitos chips–vegan and gluten-free, made without corn. For more info or to enter, skip over to Maggie’s blog. Ends November 24th.
- The Blissful Chef is giving away a 3-quart Anolon Casserole dish!This looks like a beautiful addition to any kitchen. Check over at Christy’s blog to learn more and enter! US residents only; ends November 25th.
- Confused about the many alternative sweeteners out there? I weigh in on all the different kinds in my latest Fitalicious post. Would love to know what you think!
- Let’s connect on social media! If you like DDD, you can keep up with recipes, health information, news and dog-related tidbits on Pinterest, twitter and Facebook! I’d love to see you there.
Do you have a blog linky event, giveaway or other event you’d like me to mention? Send me an email with the details and I’ll include a few each week (depending on how many requests I get, I may not be able to include them all).
PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY. I will list the events under “Newsy Tidbits” for you if you send me an email to dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom.
This Week’s Picks:
Here are this week’s picks for links on the theme, “learn something new!”:
Spanish Tortilla from Wing-It Vegan. I love the way River repurposed veggies in this dish! I wasn’t familiar with this recipe, but I sure do love the sound of it. YUM.
How to make the perfect green smoothie from Farmer’s Market Vegan. Sure, I know how to make a green smoothie–but I love these extra tips and tricks that Ali provides!
Raw Soaked Granola from Gluten-Free Cat. Would you believe I’ve never made a raw granola? This one looks like the perfect starter recipe!
And This Week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory:
Perfect Thanksgiving Stuffing from Tessa the Domestic Diva. True, Thanksgiving has now passed. . . but save this one for Christmas!
Readers’ Choice, Sweet:
Allergy-friendly Pumpkin Pancakes from Allergy-Free Test Kitchen. It’s no secret my favorite meal is breakfast–and I do love me a good pancake! These would make a perfect brunch.
Thanks for joining in and sharing all your healthy, sugar-free and vegan recipes. I love seeing what you whip up each week! And I hope you’ll also share on twitter and Facebook (there’s a new, shorter twitter hashtag, too, so you can write more about the food: #WWknd as well as the original #WellnessWeekend).
Here’s How to Participate:
The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed,” since they either contain a single ingredient, or could technically be made at home. Also, if you render a recipe vegan-friendly by adding a vegan option to your ingredients, your post will be good to go!
- This is a recipe event. Your blog post must contain a recipe.
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page. The post must contain a recipe.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE. If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky.
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom. Thanks!
I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING!
And n0w. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
Never miss a recipe–or a comment from The Girls! Click here to subscribe to Diet, Dessert and Dogs via email. (“We love subscribers, Mum. . . almost as much as we love treats!”).