Hi Everyone! Welcome back to Wellness Weekend!
It’s less than a WEEK until Christmas–holy moly! With all that’s been going on this fall, I am probably less prepared than I’ve ever been. But that won’t stop Wellness Weekend! In fact, I will likely cook up some of YOUR dishes this year, as I haven’t had loads of time to create my own. Can’t wait to see all your holiday fare this week and next. Thanks so much for linking up! And for those who celebrate, have a very Merry Christmas (and Happy Kwanzaa on the 26th)!!
- Many thanks to reader Courtney for letting me know that 2 of my recipes, “Vegan Ground Meat” and “Vegan Meatballs” were both chosen among the “Top 12 Vegan Recipes of 2012″ by VegNews magazine! I’m beyond thrilled and still dancing over here (I wouldn’t hurt your ears by singing). You can see both recipes here. Thanks so much, VegNews!
- Sonnet from Love of Food is giving away a 10-inch Swiss Diamond nonstick frypan–worth $160 US! This sounds like a fabulous giveaway to me (I’ve actually entered it myself!). Check out the details here.
- Do you love soups in winter? Any soup you can think of has been given a vegan makeover in this article at Babble.com. Delighted to see my soup in among the 25 recipes! From French Onion to Cream of Mushroom to Minestrone to Smoky Pea Soup–they’ve got ‘em all, without dairy, eggs, or butter. Whoop!
- Freshly Vegetarian is giving away nine (yes, NINE) magazine subscriptions to Vegetarian Times! Entering is easy-peasy. See details here.
- And don’t forget about TWO GIVEAWAYS ON THIS BLOG! The chance to win ALL THREE of my anti-candida ebooks continues only until tomorrow at midnight. Details are here. And yesterday’s giveaway, of a set of ALL 24 ONLINE COOKING CLASSES from Heather Nauta of Healthy Eating Starts Here will end at midnight on December 24th. Heather is also offering a special discount for DDD readers, so you can buy the classes now if you don’t want to wait. Giveaway details here.
Do you have a blog linky event, giveaway or other event you’d like me to mention? Send me an email with the details and I’ll include a few each week (depending on how many requests I get, I may not be able to include them all).
PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY. I will list the events under “Newsy Tidbits” for you if you send me an email to dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom.
This Week’s Picks:
Here are this week’s picks for links on the theme, “cranberries”:
Cranberry Rosemary Refresher from For the Love of Food. How gorgeous–and perfectly seasonal–does this look?
Roasted Garlic Quinoa & Kale Salad with Cranberries from Cooking Quinoa. I could easily eat a huge plateful of this salad. . . luckily, nothing to feel guilty about!
Bejewelled Couscous Salad from Bite-Sized Thoughts. Another gorgeous salad with festive cranberries and lots of other good things!
And This Week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory:
Julienned Vegetable Alfredo (Vegan & Gluten Free) from Part-Time Health Nut. A rich, creamy sauce over veggie noodles. Whether or not you’re low-carb, I bet you’d love it.
Readers’ Choice, Sweet:
Fudgey & Decadent Date Sweetened Brownie from Tessa the Domestic Diva. Brownies with a name like these need no introduction. . . but they DO sound so sensational!
Thanks for joining in and sharing all your healthy, sugar-free and vegan recipes. I love seeing what you whip up each week! And I hope you’ll also share on twitter and Facebook (there’s a new, shorter twitter hashtag, too, so you can write more about the food: #WWknd as well as the original #WellnessWeekend).
Here’s How to Participate:
The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed,” since they either contain a single ingredient, or could technically be made at home. Also, if you render a recipe vegan-friendly by adding a vegan option to your ingredients, your post will be good to go!
- This is a recipe event. Your blog post must contain a recipe.
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page. The post must contain a recipe.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE.If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky.
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom. Thanks!
I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING!
And n0w. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
Never miss a recipe–or a comment from The Girls! Click here to subscribe to Diet, Dessert and Dogs via email. (“We love subscribers, Mum. . . almost as much as we love treats!”).