Hi Everyone–welcome to Wellness Weekend! Thanks for all the commiseration about winter from last week. Yes, winter has arrived in Toronto–only approximately 2452 hours left until it starts to get warm!
While we’re waiting, how about sharing some of your yummy creations this week?
- As she did last year, Cheryl from Gluten-Free Goodness is hosting a virtual December Sanity Retreat. Throughout the month, she’ll have guest posters plus tips and tricks for staying sane this holiday season. Check out the first post here.
- On The Balanced Platter this week, I shared my best tip for attending holiday events when on a non-conventional diet. Plus, Black Bottom Almond Mousse Pie with Chocolate Ganache!
- Even the New York Times has noticed that gluten-free is becoming mainstream! And how thrilled was I to see that Simply Gluten-Free Magazine was mentioned in this article? (I must be biased since I write for the mag. . . but still so cool!).
- Stephanie from Recipe Renovator is a year-end Swag Bag filled with great books and kitchen utensils--and it just *happens* to include the original Sweet Freedom! Head over to Stephanie’s blog to enter to win this great pack!
- Alta from Tasty Eats at Home is giving away $250 worth of Breville products–and you get to choose! She also offers lots of holiday tips in the giveaway post. Ends December 14th.
- Let’s connect on social media! If you like DDD, you can keep up with recipes, health information, news and dog-related tidbits on Pinterest, twitter and Facebook! I’ve also started a special Pinterest Board just for my upcoming cookbook, so you can peek in on what the recipe testers have been baking up! I’d love to see you there.
Do you have a blog linky event, giveaway or other event you’d like me to mention? Send me an email with the details and I’ll include a few each week (depending on how many requests I get, I may not be able to include them all).
PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY. I will list the events under “Newsy Tidbits” for you if you send me an email to dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom.
This Week’s Picks:
Here are this week’s picks for links on the theme, “soups & stews”:
Split Pea Soup with Rutabaga Croutons from The Veggie Nook. What a fabulous way to incorporate rutabaga, don’t you think?
Rainbow Veggie Chili from Bit of the Good Stuff. We always read that we should “eat the rainbow,” and this chili works perfectly to fulfill that concept!
Creamy Garlic Potato Soup with Vegan Options from Allergy Free Test Kitchen. Garlic. Potato. Creamy. Heaven.
And This Week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory:
Low-Fat, Grain-Free, Gluten-Free Falafel from Healthy Life Lessons. I adore falafel, but the restaurant kind often contains breadcrumbs. So glad I can now try this one!
Readers’ Choice, Sweet:
Sunflower Butter Treats from The Suburban Girl Gone Country. It was Katy’s first time participating in Wellness Weekend–and with more than 100 clicks on the recipe already, you couldn’t have given her a better welcome!
Thanks for joining in and sharing all your healthy, sugar-free and vegan recipes. I love seeing what you whip up each week! And I hope you’ll also share on twitter and Facebook (there’s a new, shorter twitter hashtag, too, so you can write more about the food: #WWknd as well as the original #WellnessWeekend).
Here’s How to Participate:
The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed,” since they either contain a single ingredient, or could technically be made at home. Also, if you render a recipe vegan-friendly by adding a vegan option to your ingredients, your post will be good to go!
- This is a recipe event. Your blog post must contain a recipe.
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page. The post must contain a recipe.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE. If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky.
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom. Thanks!
I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING!
And n0w. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
Never miss a recipe–or a comment from The Girls! Click here to subscribe to Diet, Dessert and Dogs via email. (“We love subscribers, Mum. . . almost as much as we love treats!”).