Hi Everyone–Happy 2013!! Can you believe it’s already the new year? I hope you all had a fabulous celebration. After coming down with a mystery illness right before Christmas, I must admit I wasn’t sorry to see 2012 go!
I’m looking forward to lots of new opportunities and events in 2013. . . . and can’t wait to share them with you all. What have you got planned for the new year? I do hope one of the things you do is–share on Wellness Weekend! Here’s to a new year of your amazing recipes and recipe ideas. Thank you all for continuing to join in each week. I love seeing what you cook up!
A new year brings lots of news and–giveaways! Here are some of the events I’ve spied while visiting other blogs and pages:
- Meghan Telpner is giving away FIVE spots in her new “Make It Happen” workshop! This sounds like a great program for goal-setting in 2013. You can enter here until Jan 7th.
- The Balanced Platter, your one-stop site for all things gluten-free and allergy-friendly, is celebrating their one-year anniversary this month, with a giveaway of seven different books or ebooks! Check out the list here, wish them happy birthday, and enter! Ends January 8th.
- I was chuffed to learn that my recipe for Pink Breakfast Bowl was included in SHAPE Magazine’s “Forty Healthy Recipes Under 400 Calories” article! Check out the bowl, plus 39 other fabulous recipes, here.
- Go Dairy Free is giving away a mega prize pack of one of my favorite snacks, The Simply Bar! To enter, check out the post at Go Dairy Free. Runs until January 8th.
- Lexie at Lexie’s Kitchen is giving away a month’s supply of Celestial Seasonings tea plus a copy of the film, Happy. Find all the details here. Contest ends January 11th.
Do you have a blog linky event, giveaway or other event you’d like me to mention? Send me an email with the details and I’ll include a few each week (depending on how many requests I get, I may not be able to include them all).
PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY. I will list as many events as possible under “Newsy Tidbits” for you if you send me an email to dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom.
This Week’s Picks:
Here are this week’s picks for links on the theme, “main dishes”:
Lasagna Bolognese from Vegan Richa. Richa impresses us again with her creativity and gorgeous pic!
Sweet Potato and Lentil Burgers from Veggie V’s Vegan Adventure. I love, love the combo of sweet potato and lentil! These sound like delicious burgers to try.
Pasta with Veggies from Engineering Dinner. What could be easier on a weeknight–and just look at how healthy!
And This Week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory:
Readers’ Choice, Sweet:
Fast 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cups from Practical-Stewardship. A sweet treat that’s fast and only 3 ingredients? Where do I sign up?!
Thanks for joining in and sharing all your healthy, sugar-free and vegan recipes. I love seeing what you whip up each week! And I hope you’ll also share on twitter and Facebook (there’s a new, shorter twitter hashtag, too, so you can write more about the food: #WWknd as well as the original #WellnessWeekend).
Here’s How to Participate:
The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed,” since they either contain a single ingredient, or could technically be made at home. Also, if you render a recipe vegan-friendly by adding a vegan option to your ingredients, your post will be good to go!
- This is a recipe event. Your blog post must contain a recipe.
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page. The post must contain a recipe.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE.If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky.
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom. Thanks!
I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING!
And n0w. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
Never miss a recipe–or a comment from The Girls! Click here to subscribe to Diet, Dessert and Dogs via email. (“We love subscribers, Mum. . . almost as much as we love treats!”).
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product or service after clicking on the affiliate link, your purchase will help to support this blog via the small compensation I receive.