Welcome back to Wellness Weekend! I am loving all the comfort foods I’ve been seeing on WW (I feel as if I really need those in this weather!). Last week featured warming breakfast bowls, soups, cookies and bars, yummy stews, and more. Thanks so much for your entries each week and for continuing to share your creativity in the kitchen!
- Did you win the FREE spot in this month’s Wellness Reboot? If not, there are still 3 coupons for $100 off available from Christy! Contact her to claim one of them and start getting your reboot on! Offer ends Feb 3rd.
- Cheryl Harris of Gluten-Free Goodness and Iris Higgins of The Daily Dietribe are offering a free meditation/discussion via conference call on Saturday. I am planning to join this one–Cheryl calls it “A Breath of Warmth to Thaw the Winter Chill” (and you know I’m all about anything that can thaw the winter chill!!). You won’t need to share anything personal (or even talk on the call) if you prefer not to; it can be a space just to listen, chill out, get some good vibes from the meditations. Saturday at 2:00 PM EST. Check here for details and to sign up.
- Weekly lunchbox giveaways at Lunchbox Blues! Every Thursday, J.M. of Lunchbox Blues gives away a new, cool, modern lunch box. The only catch is that these are one-day-only giveaways, and you have to enter before midnight on Thursday! So if you’re reading this before midnight, go and enter this week’s giveaway. If not, be sure to bookmark the blog so you can head over next Thursday (and the next,and the next) to enter to win. Makes me wish I took a lunch box to school!
- For those of you celebrating Superbowl (can’t say I’m a fan), there are multiple recipe roundups all over the web! I’ve been lucky enough to be included in two of them. Whole New Mom offers a long list of munchies and other goodies, and Tasty Eats at Home serves up snacks and more. Both include gluten free and many vegan options. The Balanced Platter also provides a great list of healthier Super Bowl options for dips and snacks.
- Shirley from Gluten-Free Easily is hosting a giveaway for a pack of almonds and almond flour! If you’re a gluten-free baker/cook who uses this flour, here’s your chance to win a big bag. Ends tomorrow.
- Go Dairy Free is giving away an amazing GO Veggie Vegan Gift Pack! I love the goodies in this pack (which include cosmetic items and magazines as well as food!). To enter, head over to Go Dairy Free. Closes February 1st.
Do you have a blog linky event or giveaway you’d like me to mention? I also will occasionally mention new courses that bloggers offer their readers. Send me an email with the details to dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom and I’ll include three or four each week. Please note that I cannot always accommodate all requests.
PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY.
This Week’s Picks:
Here are this week’s picks for links on the theme, “healthy snacks”:
Raw Spicy “Cheese” Crackers from Sweet & Healthy Living. Spicy and Cheesy together. . . what could be bad?
Ginger Wasabi Almonds from Healthy Life Lessons. If you love spicy like I love spicy, you’ll appreciate these little bites.
Hazelnut Buttah from Gluten Free Goodness. I’m a fiend for flavored nut butters. Love the sound of this one!
And This Week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory:
Vegan & Gluten-Free Cheezy Drop Biscuits from City Life Eats. I drooled when I first saw these on Valerie’s site. Can’t wait to try them!
Readers’ Choice, Sweet:
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake-Filled Chocolate Cupcakes from Whole New Mom. Well, I love this concept, of course (you’ll see why when you read Adrienne’s post about the origin of the recipe!). Glad you all liked them, too.
Here’s How to Participate:
The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed,” since they either contain a single ingredient, or could technically be made at home. Also, if you render a recipe vegan-friendly by adding a vegan option to your ingredients, your post will be good to go! Definite no-no’s include: cane sugar (evaporated or otherwise), sweeteners ending in -itol, margarines, or faux meat products.
- This is a recipe event. Your blog post must contain a recipe.
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page. The post must contain a recipe.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE.If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky.
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom. Thanks!
I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING!
And now. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
Never miss a recipe–or a comment from The Girls! Click here to subscribe to Diet, Dessert and Dogs via email. (“We love subscribers, Mum. . . almost as much as we love treats!”).
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product or service after clicking on the affiliate link, your purchase will help to support this blog via the small compensation I receive.