Hello everyone! Are you tired of winter yet? (Or, if you live in the antipodes, are you tired of summer?–nah, didn’t think so!).
As I count the days until the end of winter, one of the things that always perks me up is checking out your recipes for Wellness Weekend. Thanks, again, for a fabulous array of delectable choices last week!
- Whoo hoo! I just found out that my ebook, Good Morning! Breakfasts, is nominated for Best Gluten Free Cookbook over at Triumph Dining’s “The Best of Gluten-Free” Awards. I’d love your vote for the book if you are so inclined! Just head over here and skip to “Stores and Reslources,” where you’ll find the category for cookbooks.
- I’m still working like mad on book edits, but you can find some of my new recipes on VegNews, where they’re featuring three sweet treats, all with a secret ingredient that you’d never expect. See the article here.
- For those of us on a special diet (and methinks that’s the majority these days!), here are Five Easy Ways to Serve Guests on a Special Diet from my friend Amy.
- Win a ticket to Canada’s largest Gluten-Free Expo! Gluten-Free Makeup Gal is giving one away, here. Ends March 16th.
- Bob’s Red Mill is giving away a four-package low-carb flour kit! Win four types of flours. Enter here, until March 19th.
- Another new recipe–one that will help chase away those winter blues–is this very green, very fresh Creamy Broccoli Salad with Garlic Crunch Topper over on the Attune Foods Blog. This is a salad that will remind you of spring even though it’s delicious all year round.
Do you have a blog linky event or giveaway you’d like me to mention? I also will occasionally mention new courses that bloggers offer their readers. Send me an email with the details to dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom and I’ll include three or four each week. Please note that I cannot always accommodate all requests.
PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY.
This Week’s Picks:
I can’t wait for spring! As I mentioned this morning, I’ve been dreaming of green lately. So this week’s picks all focus on the theme, “Gimme some Green!”:
Santa Fe Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers from Practical-Stewardship. Love the mix of ingredients in the filling!
Roasted Acorn, Beet, and Satsuma Salad with Almond Sesame Dressing from Vegan Richa. Richa recommends baby kale for this salad–sounds perfect to me!
Suran (Yam) and Malabar Spinach Curry from Cooking with Siri. Such a great idea to include spinach in your curry–all in one flavor AND nutrition.
And This Week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory:
Five-Ingredient Sesame Nut Crackers from Food & Yoga for Life. Easy to make–and sound so good!
Readers’ Choice, Sweet:
Decadent Dark Chocolate Fudge from Healthy Life Lessons. I swooned a little when I read about this fudge. And it’s only got 4 ingredients.
Here’s How to Participate:
The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed,” since they either contain a single ingredient, or could technically be made at home. Also, if you render a recipe vegan-friendly by adding a vegan option to your ingredients, your post will be good to go! Definite no-no’s include: cane sugar (evaporated or otherwise), sweeteners ending in -itol, margarines, or faux meat products.
- This is a recipe event. Your blog post must contain a recipe.
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page. The post must contain a recipe.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE.If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky.
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom. Thanks!
I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING!
And now. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
Never miss a recipe–or a comment from The Girls! Click here to subscribe to Diet, Dessert and Dogs via email. (“We love subscribers, Mum. . . almost as much as we love treats!”).
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product or service after clicking on the affiliate link, your purchase will help to support this blog via the small compensation I receive.