- Are you craving spring the way I am? Check out these 6 spring salad recipes, over at Fitalicious.
- Are you a fan of tahini? (For me, it was an acquired taste). Now I love it–and here’s a whole post comparing types of tahini, with lots of recipes. Thanks to Dreena Burton for the post.
- Get the book for free! My friend Stephanie has written an ebook, Golden Angels, about her experience losing her beloved Golden Retriever Buddy Girl. The book contains 13 essays and 13 accompanying recipes. It’s a great book for anyone who’s lost a loved one, and she’s donating 10% of all sales to the SPCA until May 31st. And tomorrow, Friday, March 22, she is giving it away for free on amazon.com! Be sure to check it out then.
Do you have a blog linky event or giveaway you’d like me to mention? I also will occasionally mention new courses that bloggers offer their readers. Send me an email with the details to dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom and I’ll include three or four each week. Please note that I cannot always accommodate all requests.
PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY.
This Week’s Picks:
This week’s picks all focus on the theme, “sweet stuff”:
Maple Glazed Nuts from Bit of the Good Stuff. A perfectly healthy sweet snack! And nuts contain so many good-for-you fats.
Very Berry Rhubarb Pie from My Munchable Musings. I love rhubarb! Combined with berries, this gives you a perfect level of sweetness in a healthy dessert.
Raw Chilli-Cinnamon-Sea Salt Chocolates from Bite-Sized Thoughts. How incredible do these look? And CHOCOLATE! (need I say more)?
And This Week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory:
Gluten Free Vegan Whole Grain English Muffins from Tessa the Domestic Diva. If you’ve been missing English Muffins, try these babies from Tessa.
Readers’ Choice, Sweet:
Raw Banana Coconut Cream Pie from The Tasty Alternative. I do miss bananas! If you can have them, this pie sounds spectacular.
Here’s How to Participate:
The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed,” since they either contain a single ingredient, or could technically be made at home. Also, if you render a recipe vegan-friendly by adding a vegan option to your ingredients, your post will be good to go! Definite no-no’s include: cane sugar (evaporated or otherwise), sweeteners ending in -itol, margarines, or faux meat products.
- This is a recipe event. Your blog post must contain a recipe.
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page. The post must contain a recipe.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE.If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky.
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom. Thanks!
I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING!
And now. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
Never miss a recipe–or a comment from The Girls! Click here to subscribe to Diet, Dessert and Dogs via email. (“We love subscribers, Mum. . . almost as much as we love treats!”).
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product or service after clicking on the affiliate link, your purchase will help to support this blog via the small compensation I receive.