Hi and welcome to this week’s Wellness Weekend!
I couldn’t start tonight without mentioning the horrific events that have touched so many people across the US this past week. I’ve been walking around with a heavy heart and keep thinking about all the victims whose lives have been changed forever (and those whose lives have been taken away), both in Boston and in Texas. I don’t have any great wisdom to add to what’s already been said, but I wanted to share my love and positive thoughts for those who are dealing with the aftermath of such senseless violence. I’ll be hugging the HH and my Girls a little tighter today.
There haven’t been too many blog-related items amassed with the focus on Boston and Texas, but here are a few newsy tidbits for you this week. . .
- For those of you interested in rotation diets (used to determine/control food allergies), Candice from Infectiously Optimistic just posted an incredible “Allergen-Free Rotation Diet Road Map,” including a menu plan. [NOTE: not all recipe are vegan, but lots are--and the info here is terrific]. Check it out if you’ve been pondering a rotation diet!
- The Taste Space is giving away a copy of Annelie’s Raw Food Power cookbook. This looks like a great book, filled with beautiful, healthful raw recipes of all kinds. Giveaway ends April 25th.
- The So Delicious recipe contest continues over at Go Dairy Free. Enter your recipe using So Delicious coconut beverage to win $500 to spend at Williams Sonoma–and more! Check out all the details here. Runs until May 23rd.
- Well, you’ve seen me talk about it for months. . . and now, my new cookbook, Naturally Sweet and Gluten-Free is finally available for pre-sale! I am so excited to share this book with you! I’ll be posting a separate blog post about it, but for now, go nab your earlybird copy! You’ll receive the lowest price, guaranteed. (Canadians can get yours here).
Do you have a blog linky event or giveaway you’d like me to mention? I also will occasionally mention new courses that bloggers offer their readers. Send me an email with the details to dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom and I’ll include three or four each week. Please note that I cannot always accommodate all requests.
PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY.
This Week’s Picks:
This week’s picks all focus on the theme “lettuce wraps & salads.”
Thai Tempeh Lettuce Wraps with Mango Ginger Sauce from The Taste Space. I love a good lettuce wrap, and this one sounds phenomenal. Bonus tempeh, too!
Lil’ Lettuce Tacos from My Munchable Musings. A great twist on tacos with tofu, mango and cucumber. Nom!
Guacamole Layered Salad from Cats in the Kitchen. I adore guacamole, so this sounds right up my alley (I was going to make a “cat” joke there based on the blog name, but I decided to spare you all).
And This Week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory:
Nacho Cheez White Bean Spread from One Small Vegan. I began to drool the moment I saw this recipe–glad to see that you all agreed with me!
Readers’ Choice, Sweet:
Multi-Grain Sunshine Bars from Sift, Stir and Savour. Another winner from Erin! I love the citrus in these bars.
Here’s How to Participate:
The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Definite no-no’s include: cane sugar (evaporated or otherwise), sweeteners ending in -itol, margarines, or faux meat products.Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed,” since they either contain a single ingredient, or could technically be made at home. Also, please note that this is a vegan recipe event. A minor ingredient with a vegan option is fine, but if the main ingredient is intended to be meat or other animal product, your recipe likely belongs in a different link up event.
- This is a recipe event. Your blog post must contain a recipe.
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE. If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky.
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom. Thanks!
I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING!
And now. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
DDD READERS: It May Be Time To Update Your Subscription!
I know that many of you, like me, read your favorite blogs via Google Reader. Well, if that’s how you keep up with DDD, be warned that Google Reader is closing down as of July 1, 2013! (I know–boo hoo). I am always so grateful for your visits and your comments on the blog and I don’t want you to lose touch!
To ensure that you continue to receive notices whenever I add a new blog post–or to get updates on the new cookbook or other happenings here at DDD–you can easily subscribe via email. That way, you won’t miss a thing! Just click here to receive every new DDD post right in your Inbox. Thanks so much for reading. (And if any of you know of other good readers to use, please feel free to share in the comments!).
© Ricki Heller 2013.