Hello there, Wellness Weekenders!
We had 38 mouth-watering entries last week, with everything from TWO Banana-Based pies to Earth Day Rice to Gingerbread Almond Butter (mmm!) to shakes, soups and sandwiches. As always, your recipes impressed me with how delicious and creative they are! Keep ‘em coming! :) And now, for this week’s news. . . .
- The Gluten-Free Garage takes place this Sunday, April 28th! This is a one-day “pop up marketplace” featuring products, food, and speakers. I’m delighted to be speaking at the event, along with some other folks you might know, like Maggie from She Let Them Eat Cake, Kathy Smart (Live the Smart Way) and more! Come on out and hear me talk about all the wonderful ways you can eat your favorite foods, allergy-friendly. Sample some goodies from my upcoming book, Naturally Sweet and Gluten-Free. Hope to see you there!
- The Growing Naturals Giveaway ends tomorrow! I’m totally enamored of the new Growing Naturals raw pea protein, which I’ve been putting into almost everything (including this Mocha Sunbutter spread). If you haven’t entered yet, be sure to get your entry in so you can win the prize pack! Details here.
- Sonnet at For the Love of Food giving away a copy of Plum Bistro cookbook–what a stunning book! The photos are just gorgeous and the recipes sound divine. Head over and enter!
- Stephanie from Recipe Renovator just launched a new ebook, 12 Terrific Dairy Substitutes. Recipes range from homemade milks to vegan sour cream and fermented cheeses, all with lovely photos. Check it out for more info here.
Do you have a blog linky event or giveaway you’d like me to mention? I also will occasionally mention new courses that bloggers offer their readers. Send me an email with the details to dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom and I’ll include three or four each week. Please note that I cannot always accommodate all requests.
PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY.
This Week’s Picks:
This week’s picks all focus on the theme “fresh and flavorful salads.”
Cucumber, Bean, Mint, and Apple Salad with Roasted Hazelnuts from Gluten Free SCD and Veggie. What a fabulous combination of flavors and textures here!
Kale and Golden Beet Salad with Tahini-Cider Dressing from The Tasty Alternative. Well, y’all know my favorite green is kale. And I adore beets. So this salad says “love” to me!
Toasted Almond Cranberry Quinoa Salad from Simone’s Edible Adventures. A colorful, flavorful mix in this high-protein bowl.
And This Week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory:
Cauliflower Pizza Crust from Allergy-Free Vintage Cookery. I’ve been trying to perfect my own version of this crust for ages. Now it’s done for me.
Readers’ Choice, Sweet:
Sweet Potato Pie from The Healthy Maven. I love sweet potato all year round–and evidently, so do all of you!
Here’s How to Participate:
The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Definite no-no’s include: cane sugar (evaporated or otherwise), sweeteners ending in -itol, margarines, or faux meat products.Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed,” since they either contain a single ingredient, or could technically be made at home. Also, please note that this is a vegan recipe event. A minor ingredient with a vegan option is fine, but if the main ingredient is intended to be meat or other animal product, your recipe likely belongs in a different link up event.
- This is a recipe event. Your blog post must contain a recipe.
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE. If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky.
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom. Thanks!
I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING!
And now. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
DDD READERS: It May Be Time To Update Your Subscription!
I know that many of you, like me, read your favorite blogs via Google Reader. Well, if that’s how you keep up with DDD, be warned that Google Reader is closing down as of July 1, 2013! (I know–boo hoo). I am always so grateful for your visits and your comments on the blog and I don’t want you to lose touch!
To ensure that you continue to receive notices whenever I add a new blog post–or to get updates on the new cookbook or other happenings here at DDD–you can easily subscribe via email. That way, you won’t miss a thing! Just click here to receive every new DDD post right in your Inbox. Thanks so much for reading. (And if any of you know of other good readers to use, please feel free to share in the comments!).
© Ricki Heller 2013.