Hi Everyone! Welcome to this week’s Wellness Weekend.
I’ve been slowly getting back into the swing of things over the past two weeks and glad to be back on track. With summer around the corner, I can’t wait to spend more time outdoors with The Girls! (Oh, yeah, and the HH, too, of course–ha ha!). Your fabulous recipes from last week were geared toward warmer weather, too, with lots of raw dishes in the mix.
- I’ve got 8 Tips on Cooking Whole Foods from Scratch Quickly & Easily! In case you missed this yesterday, I posted the first part in a 2-part series. Cooking from scratch can be time consuming, so speeding up the process any way you can is essential. See my tips here.
- Here’s a great post on dealing with Crohn’s from our regular contributor, Vicky of Gluten-Free, SCD and Veggie blog! Check her story on Shirley’s blog today.
- If you love chocolate and caramel–and no-bake desserts–here’s a tribute to Australia in my Chocolate Almond Caramel Slice for Attune Foods. The HH couldn’t get enough of this yummy bar!
- I’d love to connect! You can find me on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+ and twitter. Link up and let me know so I can follow you back!
- Win one of three copies of Dreena Burton’s Let Them Eat Vegan from this giveaway over at Amy’s blog. As you know, I love Dreena’s recipes and have raved about them before. Enter here. Giveaway ends May 23rd.
Do you have a blog linky event or giveaway you’d like me to mention? I also will occasionally mention new courses that bloggers offer their readers. Send me an email with the details to dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom and I’ll include three or four each week. Please note that I cannot always accommodate all requests.
PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY.
This Week’s Picks:
This week’s picks all focus on the theme “salad days.”
Fruit Salad with Orange Almond Poppy Seed Cream from The Vegan Cookbook Aficionado. I usually think of veggies when I think salad, but why not fruit? This looks mouthwateringly good!
Pomegranate-Infused Brown Rice Salad with Roasted Butternut Squash, Cauliflower, Hazelnuts, and Arugula from Farmer’s Market Vegan. The name says it all. What a great combo!
Massaged Kale Salad from For the Love of Food. This tutorial will show you how to create a perfect kale salad.
And This Week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory:
Sweet Potato and White Bean Falafel for One from Plants & Pages. I loved the look of this one, too! And who doesn’t like falafel?
Readers’ Choice, Sweet:
Raw Superfood Cups from Sweetly Raw. Nom! Sweet, snack, superfood–all in one.
Here’s How to Participate:
The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Definite no-no’s include: cane sugar (evaporated or otherwise), sweeteners ending in -itol, margarines, or faux meat products.Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed,” since they either contain a single ingredient, or could technically be made at home. Also, please note that this is a vegan recipe event. A minor ingredient with a vegan option is fine, but if the main ingredient is intended to be meat or other animal product, your recipe likely belongs in a different link up event.
- This is a recipe event. Your blog post must contain a recipe.
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE. If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky.
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom. Thanks!
I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING!
And now. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
DDD READERS: It May Be Time To Update Your Subscription!
I know that many of you, like me, read your favorite blogs via Google Reader. Well, if that’s how you keep up with DDD, be warned that Google Reader is closing down as of November 1, 2013! (I know–boo hoo). I am always so grateful for your visits and your comments on the blog and I don’t want you to lose touch!
To ensure that you continue to receive notices whenever I add a new blog post–or to get updates on the new cookbook or other happenings here at DDD–you can easily subscribe via email. That way, you won’t miss a thing! Just click here to receive every new DDD post right in your Inbox. Thanks so much for reading. (And if any of you know of other good readers to use, please feel free to share in the comments!).
© Ricki Heller 2013.