Hello Everyone! It’s Thursday once again, which means another Wellness Weekend, of course! And can you believe it’s the last WW of May?! How the heck did THAT happen?
Well, at least the weather is finally summery here in Toronto. Your amazing recipes from last week really evoked the hazy, lazy days of summer, too. . . everything from picnic-friendy salads to iced coffee to caramel sauce (great on ice cream) and crock pot corn on the cob!
- Last week, I attended Vida Vegan Con, the vegan bloggers’ conference. What a blast!! I met up with so many amazing bloggers, attended jam-packed sessions led by some of my favorite bloggers and writers, and got to experience some of the legendary vegan food in Portland (and the incredible, lush vegetation in the area, too. I’ll provide more details coming up, but for now, here’s a pic of me and a group of awesome power-bloggers at the event:
- Cooking whole foods can take a lot of time! If you’re looking for tips on how to make delicious whole foods more quickly and easily, here’s Part 2 of my Eight Tips to Cook Whole Foods From Scratch Quickly and Easily. And if you’d like to see the first four tips from last week, just click here.
Do you have a blog linky event or giveaway you’d like me to mention? I also will occasionally mention new courses that bloggers offer their readers. Send me an email with the details to dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom and I’ll include three or four each week. Please note that I cannot always accommodate all requests.
PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY.
This Week’s Picks:
This week’s picks all focus on the theme “fresh fruit”–perfect for the warm-weather season!
Cherry Citrus Popsicles from Sift, Stir, and Savour. I love popsicles made with fruit–and what could be better than cherries?
Grilled Pineapple from Spiced Curiosity. This is a dessert I’ve been wanting to try for ages–now I’ve got the perfect recipe, too.
Creamy Strawberry Mint Avocado Smoothie with Cauliflower from Bite-Sized Thoughts. Yes, cauliflower! It’s so wacky it might just work. . .
And This Week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory:
Cauliflower Cheese Sauce from Green Gourmet Giraffe. Another cauliflower-based dish. If you’ve tried Johanna’s pasta sauce with caulifower, you know how delicious it can be. Yum!
Readers’ Choice, Sweet:
Raw Apple Cinnamon Cereal from The Tasty Alternative. Another must-try recipe for me. What a great breakfast dish!
Here’s How to Participate:
The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Definite no-no’s include: cane sugar (evaporated or otherwise), sweeteners ending in -itol, margarines, or faux meat products.Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed,” since they either contain a single ingredient, or could technically be made at home. Also, please note that this is a vegan recipe event. A minor ingredient with a vegan option is fine, but if the main ingredient is intended to be meat or other animal product, your recipe likely belongs in a different link up event.
- This is a recipe event. Your blog post must contain a recipe.
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE. If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky.
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom. Thanks!
I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING!
And now. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
DDD READERS: It May Be Time To Update Your Subscription!
I know that many of you, like me, read your favorite blogs via Google Reader. Well, if that’s how you keep up with DDD, be warned that Google Reader is closing down as of November 1, 2013! (I know–boo hoo). I am always so grateful for your visits and your comments on the blog and I don’t want you to lose touch!
To ensure that you continue to receive notices whenever I add a new blog post–or to get updates on the new cookbook or other happenings here at DDD–you can easily subscribe via email. That way, you won’t miss a thing! Just click here to receive every new DDD post right in your Inbox. Thanks so much for reading. (And if any of you know of other good readers to use, please feel free to share in the comments!).
© Ricki Heller 2013.