Hi Everyone–hope you’re having a stellar week so far! It’s amazing how sunshine and warmth can influence one’s mood . . . and we’ve had plenty of both in Toronto this past week.
As usual, your contributions to Wellness Weekend last week were varied, creative, and mouthwatering! Thanks so much for continuing to join the party here every Thursday.
- I’ve been loving your comments on my Superfood Cookies post! It’s so funny to read about other people’s experiences with getting older (and having wild and crazy hubbies!). If you haven’t seen it yet, check out the recipe here.
- Have you seen this month’s edition of Simply Gluten-Free Magazine yet? Well, I can’t even tell you how thrilled I was when I flipped to my article on “Less Time in the Kitchen, More Time For You [Quick Vegan Meals]” to see. . . this:
Whoo Hoo!! That’s Warm Grilled Vegetable Pasta Salad with Creamy Tarragon Dressing on the left, and Glazed Tofu Sandwiches with Sundried Tomato Pesto and Avocado on the right. Both amazingly delicious, and both ready in less than 30 minutes!
- And if you’re thinking you’d like your own copies of the magazine, Carol is giving away a subscription this month--enter until June 30th, right here.
- My friend Stephanie from Recipe Renovator has a new ebook out, filled with great recipes for newlyweds. What’s ingenious is that there are two versions: one for vegan recipes, and one for omnivores! These are simple-to-make recipes that would be great for anyone, newlywed or not. Take a look at her post and see how you can buy the ebooks for just $1.99 or $2.99.
- Join me for my VERY FIRST Google+ Hangout on Air! I’ll have a chat and interview with Allyson Kramer (of Manifest Vegan fame) about her latest cookbook, Great Gluten Free Vegan Eats from Around the World. I’ve made several of the recipes in the book already and they are dynamite!! I can’t wait to chat about the book, blogging, recipe development and more with Allyson. Please join us on Google+ at 9:00 PM EST (6:00 PM PST) for the live, on-air chat! More details to come.
Do you have a blog linky event or giveaway you’d like me to mention? I also will occasionally mention new courses that bloggers offer their readers. Send me an email with the details to dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom and I’ll include three or four each week. Please note that I cannot always accommodate all requests.
PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY.
This Week’s Picks:
This week’s picks all focus on the theme “from the Farmer’s Market”
Farmer’s Market Juice from Cadry’s Kitchen. Nothing like a veggie-rich beverage to make a day better!
La Caponata alla Siciliana from My Munchable Musings. I love the savory, pungent mix of ingredients in this dish!
Sweet Potato and Greens Bowl with Tangy Tahini Sauce from Cupcakes and Kale. Just like the bowls we get at our favorite resto here in town!
And This Week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory:
Italian Grain-Free Pancakes with Ratatouille Topping from Cats in the Kitchen. An amazing, clean, Candida-friendly recipe from Sheree. Yeah!
Readers’ Choice, Sweet:
King Cookies from Sift, Stir, and Savour. I see that you all were just as intrigued with these sweet treats as I was last week!
Here’s How to Participate:
The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Definite no-no’s include: cane sugar (evaporated or otherwise), sweeteners ending in -itol, margarines, or faux meat products.Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed,” since they either contain a single ingredient, or could technically be made at home. Also, please note that this is a vegan recipe event. A minor ingredient with a vegan option is fine, but if the main ingredient is intended to be meat or other animal product, your recipe likely belongs in a different link up event.
- This is a recipe event. Your blog post must contain a recipe.
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE. If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky.
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom. Thanks!
I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING!
And now. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
DDD READERS: It May Be Time To Update Your Subscription!
I know that many of you, like me, read your favorite blogs via Google Reader. Well, if that’s how you keep up with DDD, be warned that Google Reader is closing down as of November 1, 2013! (I know–boo hoo). I am always so grateful for your visits and your comments on the blog and I don’t want you to lose touch!
To ensure that you continue to receive notices whenever I add a new blog post–or to get updates on the new cookbook or other happenings here at DDD–you can easily subscribe via email. That way, you won’t miss a thing! Just click here to receive every new DDD post right in your Inbox. Thanks so much for reading. (And if any of you know of other good readers to use, please feel free to share in the comments!).
© Ricki Heller 2013.