Hi Everyone–Welcome to this week’s Wellness Weekend! And welcome to the blog’s new look! I’ve been wanting to update the blog for some time, and with the new cookbook coming out next month, I thought this was as good a time as any. You can still expect the same recipes, updates on the Anti-Candida Diet and sugar-free living, and, of course, photos of (and comments from) The Girls. Hope you like it!
- The VegNews Veggie Awards are open for your votes! Although I wasn’t nominated this year (sad face), you can still let VegNews know you think this blog should be in the running! Just head over to the voting page and scroll through to the “Favorite Blog” category to suggest RickiHeller.com in the blank line at the bottom of the list (and you can do the same for “Favorite Cookbook Author” if so inclined, too). As always, thank you so much for your support!
- I was delighted to be part of a Google Hangout on Air this week, with the incomparable Marly McMillen from Namely Marly, Allyson Kramer from Manifest Vegan, and Hannah Kaminsky from Bittersweet Blog. We had so much fun talking about Alternative Chocolate Chip Cookies! Check it out here.
- And talking about cookies, did you catch my After School Energy Cookies on the Attune Foods blog this morning? Simple to make, and naturally sweetened. . . a great snack for your kids, or you!
- Interested in other ways to cut back on sugar? I share some of my best tips on Fitalicious, too.
- Stay tuned for more details on the book launch events, including a contest I hope you will all love! To be sure you don’t miss a thing, you can subscribe to the blog by email.
Do you have a blog linky event or giveaway you’d like me to mention? I also will occasionally mention new courses that bloggers offer their readers. Send me an email with the details to rickiATrickihellerDOTcom and I’ll include three or four each week. Please note that I cannot always accommodate all requests.
PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY.
This Week’s Picks:
This week’s picks revolve around the theme “Beans and Legumes.”
Courgette (Zucchini) and Pea Salad from Gluten Free, SCD and Veggie. Just look at how colorful and beautiful this salad is!
Broad Bean and Roasted Garlic Dip from Coconut and Berries. You had me at “roasted garlic.”
Grain-Free Croutons from Gluten-Free Edge. These are ingenious!
And this week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory
Mashed Cauliflower with Roasted Garlic and Chives from Allergy-Free Alaska. I drooled when I first noticed this dish on Pinterest. . .yum.
Readers’ Choice, Sweet:
Sweet Vegan Ricotta from The Little Foxes. I love vegan cheeses, and this looks like such a delicous addition to so many things!
Thanks for joining in and sharing all your healthy, sugar-free and vegan recipes. I love seeing what you whip up each week! And I hope you’ll also share on Facebook, Pinterest, twitter and Instagram, too! Wellness Weekend even has its own Pinterest board so you can keep track of each week’s links. Check it out right here.
Here’s How to Participate:
The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Definite no-no’s include: cane sugar (evaporated or otherwise), sweeteners ending in -itol, margarines, or faux meat products.Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed,” since they either contain a single ingredient, or could technically be made at home. Also, please note that this is a vegan recipe event. A minor ingredient with a vegan option is fine, but if the main ingredient is intended to be meat or other animal product, your recipe likely belongs in a different link up event.
- This is a recipe event. Your blog post must contain a recipe.
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE. If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky.
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom. Thanks!
I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING!
And now. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
Never Miss a Recipe–or a Comment from the Dogs!
To ensure that you continue to receive notices of new blog posts, to get updates on the new cookbook or other happenings here at DDD–you can easily subscribe via email. Just fill in the “subscribe” form here. After you confirm your subscription (you’ll receive an email letting you know you’ve subscribed), you’ll be set to receive every new DDD post right in your Inbox (plus my upcoming newsletter–hoping to start in the fall!–with more tips, information and photo highlights that won’t appear on the blog). Thanks so much for reading.
© Ricki Heller 2013.