Hi Everyone–Happy start to Wellness Weekend! Thanks so much to everyone for your comments on my site’s new look! The site was designed by Julie Farber of Deluxe Designs and she is a total gem. She was incredibly open and willing to talk about my vision, no matter how many questions I had, and was always quick to deal with any glitches or revisions I asked for. Thanks, Julie! Like any site transfer, we’re having our growing pains, but I think I’m starting to ease into the new look, too.
And thanks for all your amazing recipes from last week! There were 31 of your incredible creations, from cauliflower burgers to black forest gateau overnight oats (don’t those sound elegant??) to raw ice cream sandwiches to Cranachan (yes, I had to look it up, too!). Such a fabulous array of yummy foods! Thanks to all of you who continue to drop by and share your incredible recipes each week.
This Week’s Newsy Tidbits:
- Megan from Allergy Free Alaska posted a great Allergy-Friendly Lunchbox Roundup for back-to-school. Check out all the great suggestions!
- If you’re interested in trying out some plant-based recipes and don’t know where to start, try this list of five of the most recent plant-based cookbooks to try on Fitalicious.com.
- We had a wonderful hangout on Google+ last week for the Vegan Mainstream Cookbook Club, chatting about herbs in salads! Here’s the video for those of you interested in taking a peek now.
- And how about a chance to win a Zojirushi Rice Cooker? This cool Pinterest contest (via Attune foods) is just the ticket! Just pin your favorite grain-based vegan dishes and enter to win a Zojirushi Rice Cooker! Check out the other pins and get all the details here.
Do you have a blog linky event or giveaway you’d like me to mention? I also will occasionally mention new courses that bloggers offer their readers. Send me an email with the details to rickiATrickihellerDOTcom and I’ll include three or four each week. Please note that I cannot always accommodate all requests.
PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY.
This Week’s Picks:
This week’s picks revolve around the theme “small snacks.”
Curry & Chips from The Alkymist. I love curry, and I love chips, so this is the perfect combo!
Popped Amaranth from Welcoming Kitchen. We’ve probably all made popped corn–but amaranth? And so easy!! Going to try this one.
Hot and Sour Refrigerator Pickles from One Small Vegan. Great for all those extra cukes!
And this week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory
Clean and Green Falafels from Awaken Your Wellbeing. And you’ll never guess what makes them green!
Readers’ Choice, Sweet:
Coconut Caramel Frosted Brownie Squares from Healthy Life Lessons. I had a feeling this would be the reader fave. . . I mean, Brownies! And coconut! And carmel!! ‘Nuff said.
Thanks for joining in and sharing all your healthy, sugar-free and vegan recipes. I love seeing what you whip up each week! And I hope you’ll also share on Facebook, Pinterest, twitter and Instagram, too! Wellness Weekend even has its own Pinterest board so you can keep track of each week’s links. Check it out right here.
Here’s How to Participate:
The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Definite no-no’s include: cane sugar (evaporated or otherwise), sweeteners ending in -itol, margarines, or faux meat products.Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed,” since they either contain a single ingredient, or could technically be made at home. Also, please note that this is a vegan recipe event. A minor ingredient with a vegan option is fine, but if the main ingredient is intended to be meat or other animal product, your recipe likely belongs in a different link up event.
- This is a recipe event. Your blog post must contain a recipe.
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE. If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky.
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom. Thanks!
I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING!
And now. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
Never miss a recipe–or a comment from The Girls! Click here to subscribe to RickiHeller.com via email. You’ll get recipes as soon as they’re posted, plus cookbook updates and my upcoming newsletter this fall! (“We love subscribers, Mum. . . almost as much as we love treats!”
© Ricki Heller 2013.