Hi Everyone–Welcome to Wellness Weekend!
It’s been a crazy week with the launch of Naturally Sweet & Gluten-Free just one week ago! The book made it to the Amazon Bestsellers list for allergy-friendly within the first day, and has remained there ever since–and it is THANKS TO ALL OF YOU. I can’t tell you all how grateful I am for your steady support, encouragement and cheerleading! Thank you to everyone who is trying out the recipes, retweeting about the book, posting on Facebook, G+ and Instagram, etc.!
I would love to know about your experiences with the recipes and the book!! If you spot the book in your local store, make a recipe or receive a copy at home–please be sure to let me know by tweeting to me (I’ll retweet), taking a pic and posting on Instagram (I’ll repost) or posting on Facebook or Google Plus–and I will repost! And of course if you blog about it, I will most definitely pin to Pinterest and mention you here on an upcoming Wellness Weekend! Thank you all so much! I am beyond thrilled to know that people who may have been missing yummy breakfasts and desserts have been enjoying healthy, “safe” versions since you got Naturally Sweet & Gluten-Free!
And now, on to YOUR news!
- Sharon at Bit of the Good Stuff is giving away a copy of Vegan Comfort Food by Celine Steen and Joni Marie Newman. Who doesn’t love comfort food? Head to Sharon’s blog to enter. Ends September 30th.
- A Harmony Healing shared ten recipes using chia seeds–so many great options (all but one are vegan)! My pizza crust is included (and for a different grain-free crust without the beans, try this one).
- My Apple Pumpkin Crumble Bars were featured in the “50 Awesome Pumpkin Recipes” roundup by The Rebel Foodie. It’s a great, varied list (some vegan options).
- Leanne at Healthful Pursuit is giving away THREE gift packs of Health Warrior Chia Bars. They’re vegan, gluten- and soy-free, and sweetened with brown rice syrup and agave. But hurry to enter–contest closes tomorrow!
- Hallie at Daily Bites is giving away a Le Creuset frypan!! Get this gorgeous pan into you kitchen by entering here. But hurry–contest ends tomorrow!
- My friend Dreena posted a great roundup of Top 10 Recipes for Back-to-School and Tips for Packing School Lunches. Useful even if you’re not in school!
- Do you love quinoa like I do? This post on the Attune Foods blog shares Six Reasons to Love Quinoa–some great info on this superfood!
- There are THREE giveaways of Naturally Sweet & Gluten-Free this week! Choose any one of the following (or all three!) posts to enter to win a free copy of the book. This one on Wayfaring Chocolate or this one on Welcoming Kitchen or this one on Big Bear’s Wife.
PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY.
This Week’s Picks:
Need inspiration for breakfast time? Try one of these recipes…
Strawberry Rhubarb Chia Pudding from Rock My Vegan Socks. I love desserts that double as breakfast, don’t you?
Cherry Bakewell Tart Style Overnight Oats from The Vegan Womble. Yum! What a great twist on overnight oats!
Zapple Butter from What Smells So Good. Slather this on. . . anything!
If you’re looking for some breakfast recipes here on the blog, try one of these:
- Apple Quinoa Breakfast Muffins
- Baked Blueberry Oatmeal Breakfast Pudding
- Chocolate Chia Breakfast Smoothie-Pudding
And this week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory
Raw Carrot Sandwich Bread from Gluten-Free Cat. I really need to give this one a try and see if I can do it without a dehydrator (or just get a dehydrator already!).
Readers’ Choice, Sweet:
Raw Triple Chocolate Brownies from Sweetly Raw. Triple Chocolate, you say? Well, you KNOW this is one after my own heart, right?
Thanks for joining in and sharing all your healthy, sugar-free and vegan recipes. I love seeing what you whip up each week! And I hope you’ll also share on Facebook, Pinterest, twitter and Instagram, too! Wellness Weekend even has its own Pinterest board so you can keep track of each week’s links. Check it out right here.
Here’s How to Participate:
The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Definite no-no’s include: cane sugar (evaporated or otherwise), sweeteners ending in -itol, margarines, or faux meat products.Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed,” since they either contain a single ingredient, or could technically be made at home. Also, please note that this is a vegan recipe event. A minor ingredient with a vegan option is fine, but if the main ingredient is intended to be meat or other animal product, your recipe likely belongs in a different link up event.
- This is a recipe event. Your blog post must contain a recipe.
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE. If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky.
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom. Thanks!
I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING!
And now. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
Never miss a recipe–or a comment from The Girls! Click here to subscribe to RickiHeller.com via email. You’ll get recipes as soon as they’re posted, plus cookbook updates and my upcoming newsletter this fall! (“We love subscribers, Mum. . . almost as much as we love treats!”
© Ricki Heller 2013.