Hi Everyone! Welcome to this week’s Wellness Weekend! We hit a high note last week with over 50 entries–wowzah! From veggie samoas with chutney to cherry pecan trail mix cookies to dairy-free pumpkin spice creamer to truffled mushroom cauliflower risotto, you all outdid yourselves last week! I’m so glad you’ve all chosen to share your amazing creations with us.
There’s also loads of news this week–giveaways, cookbook events and more–so let’s get right to it!
- Reviewers of Naturally Sweet & Gluten-Free have been sharing more recipes from the book this week! Check out Butterscotch Blondies with Chocolate Chips and Goji Berries (plus a fun interview) on YumYumYum!; Raw Frosted Lemon Poppyseed Squares and more interview questions on Choosing Raw; Chocolate Flecked Pumpkinseed Cookies and photos of brownies and raw fig & cherry bars on Daily Bites; reviews on The Healthy Voyager and The Kitchn (with several lovely photos from the book); plus review and photo of Autumn Fruit Crumble on the Gluten-Free Edge.
- I also had SO much fun chatting with people this week! First up, JL and I gabbed about whether “Vegan Equals Gluten-Free,” as well as baking gluten-free and sugar-free (plus check out the cameo by her cat, CK!); then Heather and I talked about why I bake the way I do, whether you should try gluten-free even if you’re not diagnosed as celiac, and other aspects of healthy eating; and Jennifer interviewed me about candida, what it is, sugar addiction and living sugar-free.
- GIVEAWAY! Kathleen of Celiac Baby is giving away a copy of Naturally Sweet & Gluten-Free! Even if you’ve already got your copy, why not enter so you can give a gift to a friend? All you have to do is enter, right here. Giveaway ends on September 30th.
PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY.
This Week’s Picks:
Looking for a new way to serve beans or lentils? Try one of these…
Korean BBQ Black Bean Boats from Find Your Balance. Aren’t these cute? What a fun way to enjoy a healthy meal!
Summer Squash and Green Bean Salad with Basil Vinaigrette from Spiced Curiosity. I’m always thrilled with new ways to enjoy green beans–this looks delish.
Peppers Stuffed with Lentils and Rice from Triumph Wellness. Stuffed peppers are an elegant way to serve a main course! These give you all the nutrition you need, too.
If you’re looking for some recipes here on the blog, try one of these:
And this week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory
Almond and Butternut Squash Bites from Gluten Free SCD and Veggie. Yum! Such an innovative recipe–and grain-free!
Readers’ Choice, Sweet:
No Bake Mint Chocolate Protein Bars from The Healthy Maven. Chocolate and Mint are such a perfect combination to begin with–but a no-bake protein bar? YES, please!
Thanks for joining in and sharing all your healthy, sugar-free and vegan recipes. I love seeing what you whip up each week! And I hope you’ll also share on Facebook, Pinterest, twitter and Instagram, too! Wellness Weekend even has its own Pinterest board so you can keep track of each week’s links. Check it out right here.
Here’s How to Participate:
The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Definite no-no’s include: cane sugar (evaporated or otherwise), sweeteners ending in -itol, margarines, or faux meat products.Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed,” since they either contain a single ingredient, or could technically be made at home. Also, please note that this is a vegan recipe event. A minor ingredient with a vegan option is fine, but if the main ingredient is intended to be meat or other animal product, your recipe likely belongs in a different link up event.
- This is a recipe event. Your blog post must contain a recipe.
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE. If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky.
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom. Thanks!
I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING!
And now. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
Never miss a recipe–or a comment from The Girls! Click here to subscribe to RickiHeller.com via email. You’ll get recipes as soon as they’re posted, plus cookbook updates and my upcoming newsletter this fall! (“We love subscribers, Mum. . . almost as much as we love treats!”
© Ricki Heller 2013.