Happy Thursday, all, and Happy Wellness Weekend! It’s hard to believe it’s been only a week since the last event--so many things going on these days! As always, your amazing recipes blew me away last week!
The book tour continues, with FOUR more chances for you to win your own copy of Naturally Sweet & Gluten-Free! (And hey, even if you’ve already got a copy, why not enter anyway? You can always give it as a gift!). And some live events and hangouts, too–check them out, below!
- Book News: It was great fun baking up a batch of Chocolate Flecked Pumpkinseed Cookies with Heather of Healthy Eating Starts Here. You can watch the video on Heather’s blog.
- For this week’s reviews of Naturally Sweet & Gluten-Free, check out Plant-Powered Kitchen, A Dash of Compassion, Eating Bird Food, In Sonnet’s Kitchen, Allergy-Free Alaska, Gluten-Free Goodness, Munchie Musings and the New Jersey Star-Ledger.
- GIVEAWAYS GALORE! You have FIVE chances to win Naturally Sweet & Gluten-Free! Check out Double Chin Diary (ends TONIGHT); Stephanie O’Dea (ends October 7); Cook IT Allergy Free (ends October 8); Tessa Domestic Diva (ends October 10); and Gluten Free Easily (ends October 11).
- Amy is giving away 48 Kind Bars, plus a T-Shirt! Enter here (ends October 6).
- Lisa is giving away a copy of Power Hungry: The Ultimate Power Bar Cookbook, here (ends October 12).
- Janet is giving away a copy of The Ayurvedic Vegan Kitchen, here (ends October 15).
PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY.
This Week’s Picks:
Want to quench your thirst with something new? Try one of these drink recipes…
Almond Mylk from Out to Lunch Creations. I love homemade almond milk (or even mylk!). This one looks fab.
Cinnamon Coconut Water Kefir from A Harmony Healing. This might just be the recipe that gets me to open a coconut.
Fresh Fig Green Smoothie from Made to Glow. Just look at that color! Just look at those ingredients! You gotta have it!
If you’re looking for some recipes here on the blog, try one of these:
And this week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory
Japanese Okayama Vegetable Curry from Bit of the Good Stuff. Such a colorful, healthy meal!
Readers’ Choice, Sweet:
Instant Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookie from The Alkymist. Because who doesn’t need an instant cookie?
Thanks for joining in and sharing all your healthy, sugar-free and vegan recipes. I love seeing what you whip up each week! And I hope you’ll also share on Facebook, Pinterest, twitter and Instagram, too! Wellness Weekend even has its own Pinterest board so you can keep track of each week’s links. Check it out right here.
Here’s How to Participate:
The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Definite no-no’s include: cane sugar (evaporated or otherwise), sweeteners ending in -itol, margarines, or faux meat products.Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed,” since they either contain a single ingredient, or could technically be made at home. Also, please note that this is a vegan recipe event. A minor ingredient with a vegan option is fine, but if the main ingredient is intended to be meat or other animal product, your recipe likely belongs in a different link up event.
- This is a recipe event. Your blog post must contain a recipe.
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE. If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky.
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom. Thanks!
I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING!
And now. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
Never miss a recipe–or a comment from The Girls! Click here to subscribe to RickiHeller.com via email. You’ll get recipes as soon as they’re posted, plus cookbook updates and my upcoming newsletter this fall! (“We love subscribers, Mum. . . almost as much as we love treats!”
© Ricki Heller 2013.