Happy Thursday, all, and Happy Wellness Weekend! Are you in the holiday spirit yet?? (Just kidding. I know it’s only November 14th–of course you are!)
Once again, you served up some stellar recipes last week. With more than three dozen entries, we had everything from Apple Pie Kale Chips to Pumpkin Oatmeal Waffles to Coconut Curry Popcorn to Mason Jar Cream Pies to Sweet Potato Truffles! I can’t wait to see what you all create this week!
- Share YOUR naturally sweet and gluten-free recipes (quick, deadline is November 22nd)!! My publisher is planning to put out a special holiday supplement to Naturally Sweet & Gluten-Free, and we’d love to include some of YOUR recipes! Do you have a sweet treat that’s vegan, gluten-free, and made with low glycemic sweeteners? Share it with me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Then, I’ll select five winners to be included in the supplement! Your recipe will be credited to you, of course (with links to your blog or website if you have one) and everyone who buys Naturally Sweet & Gluten-Free will have access to it! Readers who’ve already bought the book can get the supplement for free, too. More details here!
- Are you in the Toronto area? I hope you’ll stop by the Gluten Free Garage on Sunday! This gluten-free expo showcases all kinds of gluten-free information and products. I’ll also be talking about how you can Supercharge Your Gluten-Free Cooking and Baking with Superfoods on stage at 10:30 (and bringing treats from Naturally Sweet & Gluten-Free!). Then, I’ll stick around to answer your questions and sign books. Hope to see you there!
- I was interviewed by Brandie Kajino of Spoon and Saucer last week. We had a fun interview about how healthy food can be easy, why gluten-free AND refined sugar-free, and my best picks for holiday desserts. Check it out here.
- In case you missed it yesterday, I posted an awesome recipe for Grain-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies from powerhouse Canadian cookbook author Kathy Smart. These are almost TOO easy–and they turned out totally yummy (all three batches that I made!). Recipe here.
- I know that Thanksgiving is coming up fast for those of you in the US, so here’s another link to my 75+ Whole Foods, Healthy Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes! I’ve got you covered from appetizers to dessert. . . and brunch the next day! If you’re on a candida diet this holiday season, my Anti-Candida Feast Ebook is a great way to enjoy the holidays on the early stages of the diet (for later stages, try Desserts without Compromise or Good Morning! Breakfasts).
PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY.
This Week’s Picks:
Try sweet potatoes in a new way with one of these recipes:
Beetroot & Sweet Potato Salad with Baked Cashew Cheese from Coconut and Berries. I first saw this recipe on Instagram, and thought how much I would love to try it then!
Roasted Sweet Potato, Quinoa, & Watercress Salad from Bring-Joy. Another fabulous-looking salad that combines three of my favorite ingredients!
Sweet Potato & Nut Butter Snack from The Gluten Free Edge. Just give me a spoon. Thanks.
If you’re looking for some recipes here on the blog, try one of these:
- Baked Sweet Potato Falafel Balls
- Quinoa, Sweet Potato, and Black Bean Bites
- Sweet or Savory Sweet Potato Spread
- Mini Sweet Potato and Chocolate Chip Muffins
And this week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory
Grain Free Bhaji Bites from Gluten Free SCD and Veggie. Don’t these look incredible? They’re bean-free, too!
Readers’ Choice, Sweet:
Vegan Brownies (gluten free & oil free) from Plantivores. You know me, I never turn down a brownie. But a brownie that’s GF and oil-free? Wahoo!
Thanks for joining in and sharing all your healthy, sugar-free and vegan recipes. I love seeing what you whip up each week! And I hope you’ll also share on Facebook, Pinterest, twitter and Instagram, too! Wellness Weekend even has its own Pinterest board so you can keep track of each week’s links. Check it out right here.
Here’s How to Participate:
The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Definite no-no’s include: cane sugar (evaporated or otherwise), sweeteners ending in -itol, margarines, or faux meat products.Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed,” since they either contain a single ingredient, or could technically be made at home. Also, please note that this is a vegan recipe event. A minor ingredient with a vegan option is fine, but if the main ingredient is intended to be meat or other animal product, your recipe likely belongs in a different link up event.
- This is a recipe event. Your blog post must contain a recipe.
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE. If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky.
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at email@example.com. Thanks!
I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING!
And now. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
Never miss a recipe–or a comment from The Girls! Click here to subscribe to RickiHeller.com via email. You’ll get recipes as soon as they’re posted, plus cookbook updates and my upcoming newsletter this fall! (“We love subscribers, Mum. . . almost as much as we love treats!”
© Ricki Heller 2013.