Happy, Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends and family! I hope you all enjoy a wonderful feast with the people (and animals!) who mean the most to you today.
Thanksgiving may be long past here in Canada, but I’m still thankful for lots this week. My dear friend Sterlin is visiting from England, and it’s been great getting together with her. Plus I’ve got some big news for y’all–so read on!
- The Pumpkin love continues on the blog! In case you missed it yesterday, check out my Pumpkin Fudge. It’s a cross between fudge and soft pumpkiny candy, a great way to use pumpkin leftovers–and it’s ACD friendly!
- Emma from Coconut and Berries is giving away a copy of Super Healthy Snacks and Treats. This looks like a great book with lots of yummy vegan recipes! And guess what? The giveaway is WORLDWIDE! Check out the details here. Runs until December 4th.
- In other news. . . I am writing another book–AND I’M LOOKING FOR RECIPE TESTERS! I recently signed a contract with Da Capo press for a new book that will contain both recipes and lots of information about eating healthfully and on a low-glycemic diet. I can’t wait! So many of you have emailed to ask if my next book could contain more savory recipes, and this one definitely will! It will include everything from appetizers to snacks to soups to main dishes to desserts. And all gluten-free, vegan, and made with low glycemic sweeteners! Wahoo!! If you’re interested in being part of the process and would like more information, please send me an email at email@example.com, with the subject line, “TESTER.” Note that recipes may include some atypical ingredients, such as psyllium, stevia, carob powder, etc. in addition to loads of veggies, nuts, seeds, grains, legumes and fruits.The testing period will take place in January and perhaps early February. I hope to year from you! (I’ll send out a response email with more info in a week or so).
- Aparna is giving away a copy of Naturally Sweet & Gluten-Free! She also shares the recipe for Banana Oat Bars from the book (and her photos are just beautiful!). To enter for your chance to win, check out her blog post. Runs until November 30th. For more news about the book, see the book page!
- Finally, SURPRISE BLACK FRIDAY SALE!! If you were heartbroken that you missed out on the Ultimate Healthy Living Bundle (84 ebooks for $29.97!!!) a few weeks ago, it’s on a special sale THIS WEEKEND!! This round, part of the proceeds are going to charity, too. Check out all the details here. Only until December 4th–then it’s gone!
And now. . . on to this week’s event!
PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY.
This Week’s Picks:
If you’ve been following me for any amount of time, you know I can never get enough kale! If you’re looking for a new way to prepare this wonder veggie, how about one of these recipes?
Raw Fruit and Nut Kale Salad from Delectably Free. Beth is a blogger I met shortly after I first began to blog, and I was so glad to see her name pop up here! This salad sounds pretty stellar, too.
Spicy Kale and Avocado Kelp Noodle Salad from Vegan Sweet and Simple. I’ve been wanting to try kelp noodles for ages. . this might just be the recipe!
Raw Curried Kale Chips from omnomally. Kale Chips!! Need I say more??
If you’re looking for some recipes here on the blog, try one of these:
- Festive Cranberry, Pomegranate and Kale Detox Juice
- Hail to the Kale Salad
- Super Easy Creamy Tofu Scramble with Pumpkin and Kale
And this week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory
Slow Cooker Stuffing from Practical-Stewardship. Gotta get me a slow cooker, obviously!
Readers’ Choice, Sweet:
Pumpkin Pie Bars from Oatmeal with a Fork. How great do these look?!
Thanks for joining in and sharing all your healthy, sugar-free and vegan recipes. I love seeing what you whip up each week! And I hope you’ll also share on Facebook, Pinterest, twitter and Instagram, too! Wellness Weekend even has its own group Pinterest board so you can keep track of each week’s links. Check it out right here. And if you’d like to be added as a pinner on the board, just let me know! You have to follow me on Pinterest first (and then I follow you, in order to add you). You can pin any of the recipes from any Wellness Weekend.
Here’s How to Participate:
The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Definite no-no’s include: cane sugar (evaporated or otherwise), sweeteners ending in -itol, margarines, or faux meat products. Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed,” since they either contain a single ingredient, or could technically be made at home. Also, please note that this is a vegan recipe event. A minor ingredient with a vegan option is fine, but if the main ingredient is intended to be meat or other animal product, your recipe likely belongs in a different link up event.
- This is a recipe event. Your blog post must contain a recipe.
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE. If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky.
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING!
And now. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
Never miss a recipe–or a comment from The Girls! Click here to subscribe to RickiHeller.com via email. You’ll get recipes as soon as they’re posted, plus cookbook updates and my upcoming newsletter this fall! (“We love subscribers, Mum. . . almost as much as we love treats!”