Hi Everyone! Welcome to this week’s Wellness Weekend! And wow, what a busy week it’s been! We had more than 30 incredible recipes on last week’s event, plus two new recipes here on the blog.
I also had the pleasure of appearing on Rogers Daytime Durham region last week, where we talked about vegan and gluten-free cooking, and I whipped up Sweet Potato Brownies from Naturally Sweet & Gluten-Free. And now, there’s much more to report as well! Take a gander at this week’s newsy tidbits (learn how YOU can be part of the book, about some great giveaways, and more).
- CONTEST–ENTER YOUR RECIPES!! At the end of last night’s live Google hangout to answer some of your baking questions (and bake Apple Pumpkin Crumble Bars!), I announced this exciting Naturally Sweet & Gluten-Free CONTEST! Your recipe can be part of Naturally Sweet & Gluten-Free! The book’s publisher has agreed to design a special digital supplement to the book that will be made available just in time for the holidays! For the next two weeks (until November 22nd at midnight EST), submit your recipes inspired by NS&GF. Just send the recipe with a digital photo of it to firstname.lastname@example.org before November 22nd. I’m going to test the recipes, post the photos on Pinterest, then choose the top five. Those recipes will be included with a couple of mine in a supplement that will be available to everyone via the publisher’s website and the Naturally Sweet & Gluten-Free page. That’s right–anyone who has the book will also have the supplement with YOUR recipes! I can’t wait to see what you bake up that’s naturally sweet & gluten-free (and vegan, of course)!
- The Ultimate Healthy Living Bundle Sale continues! If you’re interested in whole, healthy foods, natural products, a healthier home and improving your well-being in general, check out why I endorse this bundle. You get 86 ebooks, bonuses and a free 12-week online mentorship program for $29.97. Available until November 9th!
- Lisa from Lisa’s Vegetarian Kitchen has 2 giveaways going right now: she’s giving away THREE packs of Way Better Snacks and a copy of Kathy Hester’s The Great Vegan Bean Book. I’ve tried the snacks and they are terrific! Hop over to Lisa’s blog to enter. Runs until November 11th. For the book, go to this post. Runs until November 21st.
- Can you get enough protein as a vegan? Why, of course you can! Here’s what I had to say on the topic over at Fitalicious.
- And just in case you missed it, this fabulous Caramel Apple Crumble Torte is a perfect holiday treat–one that everyone can enjoy! See the recipe on the Attune Foods Blog.
PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY.
This Week’s Picks:
Enjoy the flavors of fall with one of these recipes (at least there’s one thing good about fall, right?)
Roasted Rosemary Butternut Squash from The Healthy Maven. Another great way with butternut squash!
Creamy Apple (or Pear) Spice Green Smoothie from Farmer’s Market Vegan. Who says green smoothies don’t meld with fall flavors?
Creamy Paleo Pumpkin Soup from Tessa the Domestic Diva. Nothing like a good soup when cooler weather hits.
If you’re looking for some recipes here on the blog, try one of these:
- Pear and Cranberry Cornmeal Cake
- Pumpkin Gnocchi with Browned Sage “Butter”
- Pumpkinseed Shortbread Buttons
- Warm Butternut Salad with Chickpeas and Tahini Dressing
And this week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory
Poor Man’s Vegan Basil Pesto from Practical-Stewardship. Pesto without cheese? Yes, delicious!
Readers’ Choice, Sweet:
Magical Everything Chocolate Pudding from Bite-Sized Thoughts. This pudding really does have “everything”–my kinda pudding!
Thanks for joining in and sharing all your healthy, sugar-free and vegan recipes. I love seeing what you whip up each week! And I hope you’ll also share on Facebook, Pinterest, twitter and Instagram, too! Wellness Weekend even has its own Pinterest board so you can keep track of each week’s links. Check it out right here.
Here’s How to Participate:
The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Definite no-no’s include: cane sugar (evaporated or otherwise), sweeteners ending in -itol, margarines, or faux meat products.Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed,” since they either contain a single ingredient, or could technically be made at home. Also, please note that this is a vegan recipe event. A minor ingredient with a vegan option is fine, but if the main ingredient is intended to be meat or other animal product, your recipe likely belongs in a different link up event.
- This is a recipe event. Your blog post must contain a recipe.
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE. If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky.
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at email@example.com. Thanks!
I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING!
And now. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
Never miss a recipe–or a comment from The Girls! Click here to subscribe to RickiHeller.com via email. You’ll get recipes as soon as they’re posted, plus cookbook updates and my upcoming newsletter this fall! (“We love subscribers, Mum. . . almost as much as we love treats!”
© Ricki Heller 2013.