Hi Everyone! Welcome to the LAST Wellness Weekend before Christmas (and holiday season!!). Whoah, seriously, where did 2013 go? I don’t generally do “review-of-the-year” posts, but do keep an eye out for my New Year’s update on the anti-candida diet (ACD), as I’ll be sharing a new and exciting venture that I hope will be helpful to lots of you!
In the meantime, let’s drool over your submissions from last week! Everything from Sriracha Quinoa Millet Granola to Healthy Peppermint Oreos to Vegan Pulled “Pork” and Beans! Hop over to check them out.
- Did you miss this morning’s incredibly easy, elegant, and mouth-watering recipe for Potato Croquettes (pictured above)? These are an ideal holiday side dish–especially since they allow you to repurpose leftover mashed potatoes in such an appealing way.
- And speaking of leftovers. . . how about all those broken or mis-shaped cookies that don’t make it to the cookie swap or the holiday table? Here’s the best use I’ve ever found for them.
- Do you suspect (or perhaps already know) that you’re dealing with a case of candida? Or maybe you just pine for a cleaner, low-glycemic diet with fewer sugar spikes? I started a Google+ Community, “Living Well on the Anti-Candida Diet,” just for any of us who are dealing with just hat situation! It’s a space where we can share ideas, tips, resources, strategies and, of course, recipes! Join us here (it’s free).
- Have you picked up your holiday bonuses yet?? If you purchased a copy of Naturally Sweet & Gluten-Free in the last week (and up until December 26th), be sure to let me know so I can give you your free bonus ebooks and/or coaching session!! For details on how to nab your gifts, check this post. (And yes, this applies to the Kindle edition of the book, too!).
- And it you’re looking for more last-minute gifts, ebooks are it! They can be ordered and downloaded in minutes. I loved Christmas Dessert Freedom by Leanne Vogel (see my review here), Crazy for Kale by Hallie Klecker (review here), Plant-Powered 15 by Dreena Burton (see my review of Dreena’s Let Them Eat Vegan here), and of course, both ebooks by Nicole Axworthy and Lisa Pitman (review of Tiny Treats here). And don’t forget that you can still get Sweet Freedom as an ebook, here!
And now. . . on to this week’s event! PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY.
This Week’s Picks: Try one of these recipes with holiday flavors!
Gingerbread Pumpkin Rice Pudding from Wayfaring Chocolate. How many good things can you pack into one bowl of rice pudding? This many.
Peppermint Porridge from The Alkymist. Another wonderful start to the day. . . the perfect breakfast this time of year!
Tropical Christmas Fruitcake from KarenLuvsLife. Are you a fan of fruitcake? I just love it. . . gotta get working on an ACD friendly version! In the meantime, drool over this.
If you’re looking for some holiday recipes here on the blog, try one of these:
- Chocolate Chestnut Mousse Tarts with Shortbread Crust
- Chocolate Peppermint Bark with a Protein Boost
- Cookie Chocolate Bark
- Red and Green Festive Cocktail
And this week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory
Macrobiotic Sushi Bowl from Strength and Sunshine. Clean, good food! No wonder you all loved it, too.
Readers’ Choice, Sweet:
Gingerbread Cookies from Sandi’s Allergy Free Recipes. How cute are these? And allergy-friendly! Perfect for holiday baking.
Thanks for joining in and sharing all your healthy, sugar-free and vegan recipes. I love seeing what you whip up each week! And I hope you’ll also share on Facebook, Pinterest, twitter and Instagram, too! Wellness Weekend even has its own group Pinterest board so you can keep track of each week’s links. Check it out right here. And if you’d like to be added as a pinner on the board, just let me know! You have to follow me on Pinterest first (and then I follow you, in order to add you). You can pin any of the recipes from any Wellness Weekend.
Here’s How to Participate: The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Definite no-no’s include: cane sugar (evaporated or otherwise), sweeteners ending in -itol, margarines, or faux meat products. Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed,” since they either contain a single ingredient, or could technically be made at home. Also, please note that this is a vegan recipe event. A minor ingredient with a vegan option is fine, but if the main ingredient is intended to be meat or other animal product, your recipe likely belongs in a different link up event.
- This is a recipe event. Your blog post must contain a recipe.
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE. If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky.
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks! I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING! And now. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
Never miss a recipe–or a comment from The Girls! Click here to subscribe to RickiHeller.com via email. You’ll get recipes as soon as they’re posted, plus cookbook updates and my upcoming newsletter this fall! (“We love subscribers, Mum. . . almost as much as we love treats!”