Happy First Week of December! Hard to believe it will be 2014 before we know it. As usual, I’m behind on holiday prep! This year, I might just bake desserts exclusively from Naturally Sweet & Gluten-Free and save time in the kitchen. But I got some great recipe ideas from all of you last week, too, like the cardamom eggnog or crustless pumpkin pie!
- In case you missed it yesterday, I’m giving away a baking prize pack of gluten-free flours from Club House (a division of McCormick Spices). Be sure to head to the post and enter to win! I made these stellar Chocolate Chestnut Mousse Tarts in a Shortbread Crust with the rice flour and potato startch, and can’t wait to keep playing in the kitchen. Giveaway ends Sunday, December 8 at 11:59 PM EST.
- Lisa of Lisa’s Kitchen posted a lovely review of Naturally Sweet & Gluten-Free this week! Check out her adaptation of the Happy Hemp Two-Bite Brownies, too.
- THANKS to everyone who volunteered to be a tester for my next book! I’m wrapping up the submissions this week, so if you’re interested, here’s your last chance to apply. Just send an email with the subject line, “TESTER” to email@example.com. I’ll be emailing out more information this weekend.
And now. . . on to this week’s event!
PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY.
This Week’s Picks:
Satisfy your sweet tooth with one of these healthier treats that all feature goji berries!
Pomegranate Cacao Goji Smoothie from Quick ‘n Healthy. I’d say pomegranate and goji is a stellar combination–both in terms of taste AND health!
Raw Chocolate Goji Almond Hearts from Bit of the Good Stuff. I’m already a fan of goji and chocolate together (see links below), and these little bites look divine.
Spiced Holiday Smoothie from Ragdoll Kitchen. What a festive idea for a smoothie!
If you’re looking for some recipes here on the blog that include goji berries, try one of these:
And this week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory
Spaghetti Squash Stir Fry from Rock My Vegan Socks. I’m always looking for ways to love spaghetti squash more–gotta try this one!
Readers’ Choice, Sweet:
Raw Gingerbread Cookies from The Healthy Maven. Gingerbread? And RAW? Sign me up!
Thanks for joining in and sharing all your healthy, sugar-free and vegan recipes. I love seeing what you whip up each week! And I hope you’ll also share on Facebook, Pinterest, twitter and Instagram, too! Wellness Weekend even has its own group Pinterest board so you can keep track of each week’s links. Check it out right here. And if you’d like to be added as a pinner on the board, just let me know! You have to follow me on Pinterest first (and then I follow you, in order to add you). You can pin any of the recipes from any Wellness Weekend.
Here’s How to Participate:
The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Definite no-no’s include: cane sugar (evaporated or otherwise), sweeteners ending in -itol, margarines, or faux meat products. Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed,” since they either contain a single ingredient, or could technically be made at home. Also, please note that this is a vegan recipe event. A minor ingredient with a vegan option is fine, but if the main ingredient is intended to be meat or other animal product, your recipe likely belongs in a different link up event.
- This is a recipe event. Your blog post must contain a recipe.
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE. If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky.
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING!
And now. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
Never miss a recipe–or a comment from The Girls! Click here to subscribe to RickiHeller.com via email. You’ll get recipes as soon as they’re posted, plus cookbook updates and my upcoming newsletter this fall! (“We love subscribers, Mum. . . almost as much as we love treats!”