Hi Everyone! Welcome back to Wellness Weekend! Hard to believe it’s Thursday already–it’s been a busy week of writing and recipe testing for the new book since the last Wellness Weekend event! I’m really excited about this book and can’t wait to share (though autumn feels a long way off right now!). Newsy Tidbits:
- Thanks to everyone who registered for the new Candida Kick-Start course! The course has SOLD OUT and we’ve started a waiting list! I’m looking into different delivery options so we can include everyone who would like to participate. If you sign up to register on the waiting list by Saturday (January 18, 2014), you’ll be guaranteed the current price before it goes up! Just email me at email@example.com to get on the list. And if you’re looking for even more candida support, join the (free) Google+ Anti-Candida Community!
- My friend Gena has some great Tips for Packing a Healthy and Satisfying Vegan Lunchbox on her blog this week. Actually these are great tips for anyone!
- The Blender Girl is giving away TWO Omega masticating juicers valued at $249 each! I’d love one of these (I do have a fairly new juicer, but not that crazy about it!). For details and to enter, see this page. Ends January 31st, 2014.
- Want to know all the basics about how to use a pressure cooker? JL is THE vegan expert! Check out her recent video that demonstrates everything you need to know (plus a pouf chair!).
- I mentioned it last week, but this one bears repeating: Go Dairy Free is teaming up with So Delicious to offer a recipe contest with over $1500 in prizes! Enter your recipes in the 3-Course So Delicious Recipe Contest until January 26th, 2014. Get all the details here. And come back next week to see my entry!
And now. . . on to this week’s event! PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY. This Week’s Picks: We all need a sweet treat once in a while (as long as it’s made from real food, right?). Here are a few recipes from last week:
Blueberry Peach Cobbler from Detached and Connected. I love cobblers, don’t you? Add blueberries, and I’m sold.
Raw Chocolate & Matcha Roulade from Naturelle. I am sooo excited about this one! Matcha! Chocolate! That’s all I need to know.
Blackberry Muffin Sweet Potato Pudding Parfait from Vegan Mommy Chef. It’s a mouthful–and I bet it’s an amazing REAL mouthful!
Looking for more recipes for healthier sweets? Here are some from the blog:
- Grain-Free Apple Pear and Cranberry Crumble
- Apple Pumpkin Crumble Bars
- Caramel Apple Crumble Torte
- Superfood Raw Caramel Mini Cupcakes with Banana-Cacao Frosting
And this week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory
Creamy Chipotle Vegan Mac and Cheese from Make Real Food. Such perfect comfort food for this time of year!
Readers’ Choice, Sweet:
Chocolate Sweet Potato Ice Cream from Bite-Sized Thoughts. Two more of my favorite flavors together again. Love!
Thanks for joining in and sharing all your healthy, sugar-free and vegan recipes. I love seeing what you whip up each week! And I hope you’ll also share on Facebook, Pinterest, twitter and Instagram, too! Wellness Weekend even has its own group Pinterest board so you can keep track of each week’s links. Check it out right here. And if you’d like to be added as a pinner on the board, just let me know! You have to follow me on Pinterest first (and then I follow you, in order to add you). You can pin any of the recipes from any Wellness Weekend.
Here’s How to Participate: The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Definite no-no’s include: cane sugar (evaporated or otherwise), sweeteners ending in -itol, margarines, or faux meat products. Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed,” since they either contain a single ingredient, or could technically be made at home. Also, please note that this is a vegan recipe event. A minor ingredient with a vegan option is fine, but if the main ingredient is intended to be meat or other animal product, your recipe likely belongs in a different link up event.
- This is a recipe event. Your blog post must contain a recipe.
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE. If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky.
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks! I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING! And now. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
Never miss a recipe–or a comment from The Girls! Click here to subscribe to RickiHeller.com via email. You’ll get recipes as soon as they’re posted, plus cookbook updates and my upcoming newsletter this fall! (“We love subscribers, Mum. . . almost as much as we love treats!”