Happy New Year, everyone! And welcome to the very FIRST Wellness Weekend event of 2014! How is your start to the year going so far?
Apart from continuing to drool over all your fabulous recipes, one of my goals this year is to provide more useful information for all of you on the blog. I’m also renewing my commitment to an anti-candida (ACD) lifestyle–but more on that in my next post! For now, I’d love if you share what you’d like to see more of on the blog. Are there topics you wish I’d cover? What’s your biggest challenge on an anti-candida diet, or food allergy diet, or special diet of whatever kind? Do you have questions about the ACD, or specific ingredients? Please let me know in the comments!
- It’s CONTEST TIME over at Go Dairy Free!! Sponsored by So Delicious, this is the perfect opportunity to share your recipes if you love to cook. Win one of several $500 gift cards! I’m going to enter this one myself, I think–it just sounds like too much fun. For full details, see this post.
- If you’re in the Madison, Wisconsin area, you might like to check out the “Eat Clean and Get Lean” Nutrition bootcamp offered by my friend Hallie from Daily Bites (this is not an affiliate link–I just think Hallie is awesome). She’ll offer all kinds of nutritional info and recipes over a four-week period. More details on Hallie’s blog, here.
- JL from JL Goes Vegan is giving away a copy of BOLD VEGAN: Food for the Body and Soul by Molly M. Patrick. The recipes in this book sound amazing, and I love that they have many quick and easy ones. For more details and to enter, go here. Runs until January 6th.
- Dreena from Plant-Powered Kitchen is giving away (ta-dum!) a Blendtec Blender! If you’ve always wanted a high-speed blender, here’s your chance. But hurry–ends January 4th! More details (and enter) here.
- And Tess from The Blender Girl is giving away an Omega Juicer! Why not furnish the entire kitchen? Perfect for this time of year when you’d want to refresh and cleanse. Ends January 10th. For details and to enter, see this post.
And now. . . on to this week’s event! PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY.
This Week’s Picks: Here are some delicious looking recipes featuring roasted vegetables.
Roasted Beets and Carrots from Triumph Wellness. I adore roasted veggies, especially root veggies. These look perfect.
Za’atar Eggplant Rounds on Chickpea Cauliflower Puree from Farmers Market Vegan. It’s finally time for me to try Za’atar! Yum.
Holiday Acorn Squash from Cats in the Kitchen. So festive! But I bet it’s delicious any time.
Looking for more recipes for roasted veggies? Here are some from the blog:
- Roasted Green Bean Salad with Citrus Balsamic Reduction
- Roasted Potato Salad with Avocado Pesto
- Quinoa, Roasted Beet and Walnut Salad
And this week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory
Zucchini Noodles with Tahini Lemon Sauce from Bite-Sized Thoughts. A lovely raw main dish–and a great way to enjoy zucchini.
Readers’ Choice, Sweet:
Raw Chocolate Banana Cheesecake from Ves & Mork. Our second raw choice! I guess I’m not the only one dreaming of summer. . .
Thanks for joining in and sharing all your healthy, sugar-free and vegan recipes. I love seeing what you whip up each week! And I hope you’ll also share on Facebook, Pinterest, twitter and Instagram, too! Wellness Weekend even has its own group Pinterest board so you can keep track of each week’s links. Check it out right here. And if you’d like to be added as a pinner on the board, just let me know! You have to follow me on Pinterest first (and then I follow you, in order to add you). You can pin any of the recipes from any Wellness Weekend.
Here’s How to Participate: The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Definite no-no’s include: cane sugar (evaporated or otherwise), sweeteners ending in -itol, margarines, or faux meat products. Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed,” since they either contain a single ingredient, or could technically be made at home. Also, please note that this is a vegan recipe event. A minor ingredient with a vegan option is fine, but if the main ingredient is intended to be meat or other animal product, your recipe likely belongs in a different link up event.
- This is a recipe event. Your blog post must contain a recipe.
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE. If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky.
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at email@example.com. Thanks! I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING! And now. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
Never miss a recipe–or a comment from The Girls! Click here to subscribe to RickiHeller.com via email. You’ll get recipes as soon as they’re posted, plus cookbook updates and my upcoming newsletter this fall! (“We love subscribers, Mum. . . almost as much as we love treats!”