Hello, Wellness Weekenders! I hope everyone is having a stellar week. The temperatures here in the Toronto area are finally down to “just” the freezing level (32F or 0C)–downright balmy!! (I can’t even tell you how ridiculously happy that makes me. I really should have been born in Florida).
Despite my loathing of winter, I’m always transported (well, in my imagination) to sunnier climes when I read through your incredible recipes. Last week’s nearly three dozen recipes included Creamy Tropical Fruit Shake (yum!), Raw Pecan Pie, 4-Ingredient Pizza, Paleo Chocolate Granola, Cashew Hemp Milk and more–all great ways to escape the frost!
- More giveaways over at The Blender Girl! You can still enter (until tomorrow) for one of TWO Omega masticating juicers! Looks like a great machine. For details and to enter, go here. Ends January 31st.
- Are you a blogger interested in improving your SEO (search engine optimization)? My own tech guru, Julie Waterhouse (she fixed and implemented a bunch of stuff on this blog), is offering a live online course to walk you through the WordPress “SEO by Yoast” plugin. She’s doing it with us LIVE so we can all implement the plugin together, ask questions, and have it completed within 1.5 hours! (No, I’m not an affiliate and don’t earn anything by promoting this, but I am taking this course myself and I think Julie is incredible, so I wanted to share!). Details here. The course takes place on February 12, 2014.
- Stephanie at Recipe Renovator is giving away a prize pack of six books–vegan cookbooks, plant-powered guide and a memoir signed by Evan Handler (who played Harry on Sex and the City–didn’t you love that character?!). Check out all six books and enter here. Runs until Feb 3, 2014.
- Are you looking for support on an anti-candida (or just sugar-free) diet? Please join us in the “Living Well on an Anti-Candida Diet” Google+ Community! We discuss all things anti-candida there, from recipes to strategies to products to challenges of staying on the diet. A great place to meet new like-minded (and like-diet!) people. Join (free) here.
And now. . . on to this week’s event!
PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY.
This Week’s Picks: Warm up with soup! Check out these recipes…
Italian Bean and Pasta Soup from Bit of the Good Stuff. I could use a warming bowl of this RIGHT NOW!
Onion Soup from Gluten Free SCD and Veggie. My hubby has been requesting onion soup for years. . . finally a recipe to try out on him. Thanks, Vicky!
Curried Vegetable Almond Soup from Powered by Peanut Butter. What a fabulous combination of flavors and textures here!
Looking for more soup recipes to warm you up? Here are some from the blog:
- Curried Root Vegetable Chowder with Dumplings
- Moroccan Spiced Tomato Soup
- Roasted Chestnut and Parsnip Soup
And this week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory
Quinoa Cauliflower Bowl with Almond Butter Sriracha Sauce from Vegan Richa. Richa does it again! This meal in a bowl looks spectacular.
Readers’ Choice, Sweet:
Carrot Cake Pudding / Ice Cream from Bite-Sized Thoughts. Carrots in ice cream? Of course! (I’ve been known to put sweet potato in ice cream so why not carrot?). Love this idea!
Thanks for joining in and sharing all your healthy, sugar-free and vegan recipes. I love seeing what you whip up each week! And I hope you’ll also share on Facebook, Pinterest, twitter and Instagram, too! Wellness Weekend even has its own group Pinterest board so you can keep track of each week’s links. Check it out right here. And if you’d like to be added as a pinner on the board, just let me know! You have to follow me on Pinterest first (and then I follow you, in order to add you). You can pin any of the recipes from any Wellness Weekend.
Here’s How to Participate: The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Definite no-no’s include: cane sugar (evaporated or otherwise), sweeteners ending in -itol, margarines, or faux meat products. Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed,” since they either contain a single ingredient, or could technically be made at home. Also, please note that this is a vegan recipe event. A minor ingredient with a vegan option is fine, but if the main ingredient is intended to be meat or other animal product, your recipe likely belongs in a different link up event.
- This is a recipe event. Your blog post must contain a recipe.
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE. If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky.
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks! I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING! And now. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
Never miss a recipe–or a comment from The Girls! Click here to subscribe to RickiHeller.com via email. You’ll get recipes as soon as they’re posted, plus cookbook updates and my upcoming newsletter this fall! (“We love subscribers, Mum. . . almost as much as we love treats!”