Hi Everyone! Welcome to this week’s Wellness Weekend! We got 2014 off to a great start last week with some amazing recipes. Since it’s January, there were quite a few detox-themed recipes, as well as lots of yummy, healthy sweet treats, too.
- Would you like to “ACD along with me”? The Candida Kickstart program begins on January 25th! As I mentioned in this post, I’ll be revisiting the first stage of the anti-candida diet this month. I remember all too well how challenging that part of the diet can be, and I wish I had had someone back then who’d already been through it to help me along the way. That’s why I created this program–to help support and guide anyone through the toughest part of the ACD–the first two weeks. If you’ve just been diagnosed with candida or are thinking of starting the diet, take a look and see if this program is for you.
- And on the topic of cleansing and detoxing, be sure to check out my Top Six Foods to Detox and 45+ Whole Foods, Detox Recipes posts!
- There’s a HUGE giveaway going on right now, from Allyson of Allyson Kramer.com!
Allyson is welcoming 2014 with an incredible giveaway package–don’t miss it! SIXTEEN cookbooks (including Naturally Sweet & Gluten-Free–thanks, Allyson!), a Cuisinart, plus free classes and a coaching session with me. You can enter and find more details here.
- Janet from The Taste Space is giving away a copy of Julie Morris’s Superfood Smoothies. Just her photo of the Lucuma Macadamia Smoothie (see it on last week’s Wellness Weekend) was enough to make me want this book! Details (and enter) here. Runs until January 15th.
And now. . . on to this week’s event! PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY.
This Week’s Picks: I can never get enough greens! If you’re looking to add some “green” to your diet, check out these recipes:
Detox Kale Salad from The Healthy Maven. Another great detox recipe!
Rainbow Chard Bundles from Allotment 2 Kitchen.
Green Energy Soup from Jennifer Weinberg MD. Jennifer strikes again with this yummy-looking soup!
Looking for more recipes for green recipes? Here are some from the blog:
- Bittersweet Salad with Apples and Dandelion Greens
- Green Soup with Spinach, Lettuce and Peas
- Kale and Swiss Chard Salad with Toasted Pepitas
- Warm Dandelion Potato Salad
And this week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory
Rainbow Chard and Peas in Creamy Gravy from Vegan Richa. Another great-and-green recipe.
Readers’ Choice, Sweet:
Lemon-Coconut Fudge Bites from Coconut & Berries. Aren’t these little lovelies just adorable? Bet they taste incredible, too!
Thanks for joining in and sharing all your healthy, sugar-free and vegan recipes. I love seeing what you whip up each week! And I hope you’ll also share on Facebook, Pinterest, twitter and Instagram, too! Wellness Weekend even has its own group Pinterest board so you can keep track of each week’s links. Check it out right here. And if you’d like to be added as a pinner on the board, just let me know! You have to follow me on Pinterest first (and then I follow you, in order to add you). You can pin any of the recipes from any Wellness Weekend.
Here’s How to Participate: The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Definite no-no’s include: cane sugar (evaporated or otherwise), sweeteners ending in -itol, margarines, or faux meat products. Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed,” since they either contain a single ingredient, or could technically be made at home. Also, please note that this is a vegan recipe event. A minor ingredient with a vegan option is fine, but if the main ingredient is intended to be meat or other animal product, your recipe likely belongs in a different link up event.
- This is a recipe event. Your blog post must contain a recipe.
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE. If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky.
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at email@example.com. Thanks! I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING! And now. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
Never miss a recipe–or a comment from The Girls! Click here to subscribe to RickiHeller.com via email. You’ll get recipes as soon as they’re posted, plus cookbook updates and my upcoming newsletter this fall! (“We love subscribers, Mum. . . almost as much as we love treats!”