Welcome to this week’s Wellness Weekend! It’s been a crazy week over here, what with (in no particular order): a car that wouldn’t start and had to be towed to the shop; wrapping up an amazing first run of the Candida Kick-Start course; a torn achilles tendon; a one-day snowfall that covered the city with more snow than we normally get in ALL of February; two loved ones receiving some scary health news; a sick doggie; and learning the date for my sister’s wedding.
Whew!! Are you out of breath, too? In any case, hope you’ll forgive me for getting right to the heart of this week’s Wellness Weekend–no time to amass any newsy tidbits this week!! I did peek at your entries from last week, though–which served to perk up my spirits considerably.
And so, without further ado. . . on to this week’s event!
PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY.
This Week’s Picks: I’ve been needing something to brighten up the winter. . . how about recipes with lemon and lime?
Blueberry and Lemon Oat Parfait from Bite-Sized Thoughts . Is it dessert–or breakfast? Who cares–looks delish!
Lemon Ginger Asparagus with Toasted Almonds from The Healthy Maven. Mmm–I lurve asparagus! This dish looks so bright and inviting!
Goji Berry Lime Smoothie from Apples & Ginger. What a great combination of flavors in this vibrant smoothie!
Looking for more recipes with lemon and lime to brighten your day? Here are some from the blog:
- Blueberry Lemon Muffins
- Grain-Free Lemony Almond Pancakes
- Lemony Baked Tofu
- Raw Frosted Lemon Poppyseed Bars
- Raw Key Lime Tarts
And this week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory
Cauliflower Nuggets with Chimichurri Sauce from Cats in the Kitchen. You all loved this healthful dish, and I did, too!
Readers’ Choice, Sweet:
Lightened Up Chocolate Chip Cookies from Bring Joy. Janae’s lighter cookies were a HUGE hit with RH readers!
Thanks for joining in and sharing all your healthy, sugar-free and vegan recipes. I love seeing what you whip up each week! And I hope you’ll also share on Facebook, Pinterest, twitter and Instagram, too! Wellness Weekend even has its own group Pinterest board so you can keep track of each week’s links. Check it out right here. And if you’d like to be added as a pinner on the board, just let me know! You have to follow me on Pinterest first (and then I follow you, in order to add you). You can pin any of the recipes from any Wellness Weekend.
Here’s How to Participate: The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Definite no-no’s include: cane sugar (evaporated or otherwise), sweeteners ending in -itol, margarines, or faux meat products. Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed,” since they either contain a single ingredient, or could technically be made at home. Also, please note that this is a vegan recipe event. A minor ingredient with a vegan option is fine, but if the main ingredient is intended to be meat or other animal product, your recipe likely belongs in a different link up event.
- This is a recipe event. Your blog post must contain a recipe.
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE. If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky.
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at email@example.com. Thanks! I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING! And now. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
Never miss a recipe–or a comment from The Girls! Click here to subscribe to RickiHeller.com via email. You’ll get recipes as soon as they’re posted, plus cookbook updates and my upcoming newsletter this fall! (“We love subscribers, Mum. . . almost as much as we love treats!”