Hi Everyone! So glad you could drop by again this week for Wellness Weekend! I hope everyone had a great Valentine’s Day last week! We had a lovely, quiet time at home with The Girls.
You all were certainly in a romantic frame of mind, though, if last week’s recipes are any indication! Chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate! From Chocolate Raspberry Heartcakes (pancakes) to Sweetheart Truffles to Raw Chocolate Pudding to Chocolate Topped Goji Berry Bars or Chocolate Cherry Love Bombs, it was a chocolate explosion on the blog! (Yep, a full 18 recipes of the 40 submissions from last week involved chocolate!!). Can’t wait to see what you cook up this week.
- Shirley from Gluten-Free Easily is giving away THREE copies of the new cookbook by Debbie Adler, Sweet Debbie’s Organic Treats. The recipes are vegan and geared toward people with food allergies. For more details and to enter, go here. Ends Saturday, February 22, 2014.
- Are you looking for support on an anti-candida (or just sugar-free) diet? Please join us in the “Living Well on an Anti-Candida Diet” Google+ Community! We discuss all things anti-candida there, from recipes to strategies to products to challenges of staying on the diet. A great place to meet new like-minded (and like-diet!) people. Join (free) here.
And now. . . on to this week’s event!
PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY.
This Week’s Picks: All of this week’s picks include either rice or lentils.
Pineapple Pistachio Rice Bowl from Detached & Connected. I love the presentation of this bowl, and the filling sounds delicious, too.
Butternut Risotto from Vegan Sweet and Simple. A great way to use those winter squash!
Simple Lentil Soup from Herbivore Triathlete. Winter means lots of soups–and this one sounds particularly comforting.
Looking for more recipes featuring rice or lentils? Here are some from the blog:
- Baked Rice Pudding
- Confetti Quinoa and Wild Rice Salad
- Seven Grain Dirty Rice and Beans
- Buckwheat and Lentil Shepherd’s Pie
- Individual Veggie Lentil Loaves with Warm Avocado-Tahini Sauce
And this week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory
Lentil Quinoa Meatball Bolognese with Zucchini Noodles from Strength and Sunshine. I’ve been drooling over this dish since I first saw it posted–clearly, so have all of you!
Readers’ Choice, Sweet:
Paleo Sweet Potato Muffins from Tessa the Domestic Diva. Tessa rises to the challenge of paleo and vegan admirably, don’t you think?
Thanks for joining in and sharing all your healthy, sugar-free and vegan recipes. I love seeing what you whip up each week! And I hope you’ll also share on Facebook, Pinterest, twitter and Instagram, too! Wellness Weekend even has its own group Pinterest board so you can keep track of each week’s links. Check it out right here. And if you’d like to be added as a pinner on the board, just let me know! You have to follow me on Pinterest first (and then I follow you, in order to add you). You can pin any of the recipes from any Wellness Weekend.
Here’s How to Participate: The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Definite no-no’s include: cane sugar (evaporated or otherwise), sweeteners ending in -itol, margarines, or faux meat products. Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed,” since they either contain a single ingredient, or could technically be made at home. Also, please note that this is a vegan recipe event. A minor ingredient with a vegan option is fine, but if the main ingredient is intended to be meat or other animal product, your recipe likely belongs in a different link up event.
- This is a recipe event. Your blog post must contain a recipe.
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE. If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky.
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at email@example.com. Thanks! I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING! And now. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
Never miss a recipe–or a comment from The Girls! Click here to subscribe to RickiHeller.com via email. You’ll get recipes as soon as they’re posted, plus cookbook updates and my upcoming newsletter this fall! (“We love subscribers, Mum. . . almost as much as we love treats!”