Hi Everyone! Happy Wellness Weekend! This month, I think I truly understand the meaning of the term, “time flies.” I mean, seriously, where did February GO? And I’d swear that last week’s event ended barely three days ago (oh, wait. . . ).
Well, I’ve got book news tonight! My publisher granted an extension, which means I’m able to keep writing for another few weeks. The bad news is, I’ve got to get my (ahem) derrière in gear, and hunker down (no, seriously). So, I will likely be scarce on the blog for another month or so. I do have some interesting posts in mind for when I return. And. . . I’d love to know what you’d like to read when I get back! So please scroll down to keep reading to voice your opinion!
- Did you miss this week’s recipe? This uber-simple Toasted Fennel & Carrot Slaw is on my weekend cooking list. I think this is the one that will make me love fennel forever. Check it out here.
- I want to hear from YOU!! What topic(s) or kind(s) of post interest you most? (Hey! I made a little poem, there! Gee, feels like I’m back to writing again after all. . . . ). It’s getting close to my return on the blog (I miss y’all!) and would love to know what you’d like to see more of here. Have you been enjoying the guest posts? Would you like more of them? How about informational posts about candida or other topics? Recipes? Please leave a comment at the bottom of the post and let me know! Alternately, you can go here and fill out the super-quick survey. Thank you so much!
- A slew of giveaways is going on over at Simply Gluten-Free! As always, Carol offers a huge selection of giveaways from which to choose this month, including a $200 amazon gift card, a Cuisinart bread maker, Apple iPad mini, subscriptions to Simply Gluten-Free magazine, and more! Head over to the giveaway page to see what’s up this week.
- Did you miss the first Candida Kick-Start program and wish you could get started already? I also offer one-on-one coaching to help launch your anti-candida diet! Individual coaching addresses your unique concerns and dietary issues with the diet, and how to deal with the challenges that only you face. For more information, see the bottom of the Candida Kick-Start page.
- Are we connected on social media? I may not post much on the blog for the time being, but I do post daily to Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Google+ and twitter! I’d love to see you there.
And now. . . on to this week’s event!
PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY.
This Week’s Picks: Each of the following recipes is a great way to start off your day!
Strawberry Mocha Shake from Apples & Ginger. Seems like these two flavors are a match made in heaven.
Hemp Tofu Scramble Breakfast Pizza from Vegan Richa. Another wildly creative pizza from Richa!
Amaranth Upma for a Wholesome Spicy Breakfast from Quick n Healthy. I’ve been so into savory breakfasts lately. . . this one fits the bill.
Looking for more recipes to start your day? Here are some from the blog:
And this week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory
Thai Peanut Butter Soup from Make Real Food. Spicy, creamy, rich and protein-packed. No wonder this is a winner!
Readers’ Choice, Sweet:
Mostly Raw Double Layer Fudge from Green Gourmet Giraffe. Nothing like chocolate adorned with chocolate. Yum.
Thanks for joining in and sharing all your healthy, sugar-free and vegan recipes. I love seeing what you whip up each week! And I hope you’ll also share on Facebook, Pinterest, twitter and Instagram, too! Wellness Weekend even has its own group Pinterest board so you can keep track of each week’s links. Check it out right here. And if you’d like to be added as a pinner on the board, just let me know! You have to follow me on Pinterest first (and then I follow you, in order to add you). You can pin any of the recipes from any Wellness Weekend.
Here’s How to Participate: The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Definite no-no’s include: cane sugar (evaporated or otherwise), sweeteners ending in -itol, margarines, or faux meat products. Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed,” since they either contain a single ingredient, or could technically be made at home. Also, please note that this is a vegan recipe event. A minor ingredient with a vegan option is fine, but if the main ingredient is intended to be meat or other animal product, your recipe likely belongs in a different link up event.
- This is a recipe event. Your blog post must contain a recipe.
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE. If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky.
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at email@example.com. Thanks! I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING! And now. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
Never miss a recipe–or a comment from The Girls! Click here to subscribe to RickiHeller.com via email. You’ll get recipes as soon as they’re posted, plus cookbook updates and my upcoming newsletter this fall! (“We love subscribers, Mum. . . almost as much as we love treats!”