Hi Everyone! Welcome to spring (okay, so there are still huge piles of snow outside my window. . . but they’re melting. Sort of like the Wicked Witch of the West. I will not be sorry to see them go!).
With thoughts of grass, flowers, sunshine and windbreakers dancing in my head, I’m definitely looking forward to warmer weather. It looks like most of you felt the same way last week! We had almost 30 entries, with lots and lots of green–from Raw Pistachio Key Lime Bites to St. Paddy’s Day “Pi” to Peppermint Oreo Ice Cream Sandwiches to Dill Avocado Toast and Mint Green Tea Ice Cream Cake, it all looked phenomenal! See all these recipes and more in last week’s event.
- I’ve been going through your responses to my blog survey (it’s just ONE question–easy peasy–and you can still answer until the end of this week!) and plotting out what I’ll be sharing with you all in the months to come. I’ll share my plans for a new blog series next week–as well as an announcement! Stay tuned. (And while you’re waiting, be sure to let your opinion be known in the one-question survey!).
- My friend Janae just released her first major ebook, Fit, Strong, Lean, which is her guide to losing weight and feeling great. While I haven’t seen the book, I’m familiar with Janae’s recipes and they are great, whole-foods, vegan and gluten-free. And she is a living example of what she’s writing about! Get the ebook here [this is not an affiliate link. I just know that everything Janae does is top notch.]
- JL of JL Goes Vegan is giving away a SIGNED copy of her book, Vegan for Her, to celebrate her Facebook page reaching 6000 “likes”! It’s a fabulous book if you’re thinking of going vegan, newly vegan, or just interested in yummy vegan recipes. Get the details and enter on her Facebook page. Ends March 23rd.
- Heather from Healthy Eating Starts Here is giving away a free 7-Day Meal Plan! Heather’s meals are super easy to make and, since she’s a holistic nutritionist, you know they give you all the nutrients, energy and flavor tht you need. Plus she shares a great video about how to eat healthy while traveling. Check it out and enter here. Ends March 23rd.
- The March Muffin Madness event at Gluten-Free Easily continues! Check it out on Shirley’s blog–every comment between now and the end of the month counts as an entry for the giveaways!
- The Blissful (and Fit) Chef is offering fitness coaching at 50% off until July! Check out Christy’s all-inclusive packages and start getting fit for the warmer weather! Details here.
And now. . . on to this week’s event!
PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY.
This Week’s Picks: Looking for something sweet? Check out these recipes…
Chocolate Avocado Tarts from KarenLuvsLife. How cute are these?!
Raw Magic Bars from Detached and Connected. If you never thought you’d see a raw bar like this. . .check it out!
Looking for more dessert recipes? Here are some from the blog:
- Chai Ice Cream (no ice cream maker required)
- Chocolate Chip Cheesecake-Filled Cupcakes
- Chocolate Mint Truffles
- Raw Key Lime Tarts
And this week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory
Nippy Vegan Cheese Spread from Healthy Life Lessons. This would be so great on–well, just about anything!
Readers’ Choice, Sweet:
Fudgy No-Bake Mud Clusters from Sandi’s Allergy Free Recipes. Love the name of these treats. . . and bet I’d love the taste more!
Thanks for joining in and sharing all your healthy, sugar-free and vegan recipes. I love seeing what you whip up each week! And I hope you’ll also share on Facebook, Pinterest, twitter and Instagram, too! Wellness Weekend even has its own group Pinterest board so you can keep track of each week’s links. Check it out right here. And if you’d like to be added as a pinner on the board, just let me know! You have to follow me on Pinterest first (and then I follow you, in order to add you). You can pin any of the recipes from any Wellness Weekend.
Here’s How to Participate: The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Definite no-no’s include: cane sugar (evaporated or otherwise), sweeteners ending in -itol, margarines, or faux meat products. Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed,” since they either contain a single ingredient, or could technically be made at home. Also, please note that this is a vegan recipe event. A minor ingredient with a vegan option is fine, but if the main ingredient is intended to be meat or other animal product, your recipe likely belongs in a different link up event.
- This is a recipe event. Your blog post must contain a recipe.
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE. If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky.
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks! I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING! And now. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
Never miss a recipe–or a comment from The Girls! Click here to subscribe to RickiHeller.com via email. You’ll get recipes as soon as they’re posted, plus cookbook updates and my upcoming newsletter this fall! (“We love subscribers, Mum. . . almost as much as we love treats!”