It’s all the rage among holistic health professionals: bone broth.
Seems bone broth is a panacea for pretty much every gut-related problem, from leaky gut to autoimmune disorders to indigestion.
And the reason why? Its gelatin content (and the collagen yield that occurs as a result of gelatin). .
But what if you can’t, or won’t, consume bone broth? Is there a way to find plant-based sources of collagen–without bone broth?
I talk about the issue, and other food alternatives, in today’s video.
Question: Have you tried bone broth, or supplemental gelatin or collagen? What kind of response did you have? Did it improve your health? Please share in the comments!
- Why is bone broth so healthy?
- Collagen’s functions in the body and why you want sufficient collagen production
- What happens when collagen production decreases
- Acquiring amino acids from animal vs. plant sources
- Which 3 amino acids are crucial for healthy collagen production
- Two important principles to ensure you’re eating right for collagen production
- The Sweet Life Club (ongoing support for sugar-free, gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free living)
- Living Candida-Free (Book)
- Living Candida Free (free Facebook group)
- Anti-Candida Digital Cookbooks
- Candida Diet Individual Coaching
- RECIPE: Tofu Mole
- RECIPE: “Seven Grain” Dirty Rice and Beans
- RECIPE: Chili to Last Through the Winter
- RECIPE: African-Inspired Squash and Fava Beans on Collard “Tortillas”
- RECIPE: Baked Sweet Potato Falafel Balls
- RECIPE: Roasted Potato Salad with Avocado Pesto
- RECIPE: Easy, Addictive Nori Snacks
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Video: Healthy Collagen in the Body without Bone Broth
Disclosure: Links in this post may be affiliate links. If you choose to purchase using those links, at no cost to you, I will receive a small percentage of the sale, which I use to support myself and keep this site running. So, thank you for supporting rickiheller.com this way!
Subscribe for recipes and more about living well without sugar, gluten, eggs or dairy! Click here to subscribe to RickiHeller.com via email. You’ll receive emails sharing recipes and videos as soon as they’re posted, plus weekly updates and news about upcoming events. A healthy lifestyle CAN be sweet!