[Clockwise from large photo: No-Cook, Grain-Free, Allergy-Friendly Almost Instant Porridge; Raw Pink Breakfast Bowl; High-Protein, No-Bake Breakfast (or Snacking) Orbs; Carrot Cake Smoothie; Peach Soft Serve Overnight Oats Parfait.]
I’d planned to share my Google+ Hangout with Andrea Nakayama today, in which we would gab about juicing, raw foods and her upcoming detox. Unfortunately, Mother Nature had other plans, cutting off power where Andrea is right now (on the island of Kauai in Hawaii). We’ll definitely reschedule the hangout, but for today, I thought I’d continue with the theme of raw foods and share some of my favorite raw breakfasts with you instead!
I love summer not only because it’s warm and you can head outside any time without having to consider your coat, mitts, boots, scarf and any other outerwear; but also because there is such an abundance of colorful, flavorful and beautiful produce available. Eating raw in the summer couldn’t be easier. Combine that with my favorite meal of the day–breakfast–and I am one very happy camper throughout the summer months. (Well, not literally. Forced to go camping, I wouldn’t actually be very happy at all).
But raw food doesn’t have to be restricted to salads and fruit-on-the-go! There are plenty of raw and no-cook options to start your day with maximum nutrition–while still ensuring minimal time in the kitchen. When I’m in a hurry to get myself out into the gorgeous sunshine, I rely on one of the following meals to get me going. They’re all super-easy to make; and most are ready in ten minutes or less.
Here’s what I enjoyed for breakfast this morning, for instance: Raw Porridge with a Smattering of Blueberries. (What’s the connection with the newspaper headline? My Instagram caption explains.). This recipe will be up on the blog next week.
Other Raw and No-Cook Favorites Include:
- Peach Soft Serve Overnight Oats Parfait (couldn’t be easier: prep the night before, grab in the morning!).
- Raw Pink Breakfast Bowl (the raw version of this recipe–and one of my very favorite bowls!)
- High-Protein, No-Bake Breakfast (or Snacking) Orbs (good for Stage 1 of the ACD, too)
- Carrot Cake Smoothie (use raw carrot for a quicker prep)
- Earth Bowl Breakfast (plus bonus guffaws at what is just the second food photo I ever posted on this site! Still one of my favorite breakfasts, though. And if you’re wondering, this is the first photo).
- No-Cook, Grain-Free, Allergy-Friendly Almost Instant Porridge (a great recipe from Andrea Nakayama)
- Raw Fig and Cherry Bars (high protein, high calcium)
- Apple Pie Smoothie (the taste of apple pie in a glass!)
Have you got favorite go-to breakfasts that are quick to prep and feature raw food ingredients? Please share in the comments below!
Subscribe for recipes and more about sugar-free living! Click here to subscribe to RickiHeller.com via email. You’ll receive emails sharing recipes and videos as soon as they’re posted, plus weekly updates and news about upcoming events. A healthy lifestyle CAN be sweet!
[Disclaimer: this post may contain affiliate links. If you buy using these links, at no cost to you, I will earn a small commission from the sale.]