In today’s video, I share a fun and informative interview with Brodie Welch, LaC, MSOM. Brodie is a Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) practitioner, acupuncturist, and holistic health counselor who uses principles of TCM to help clients with all kinds of health issues.
Some of you may remember that I talked a bit about acupuncture and TCM in my posts about my visit to the Hippocrates Health Institute last year (it made a huge difference to my lymphedema in my legs).
In this video, Brodie and I talk about candida, how TCM interprets and approaches it, dealing with stress, and more. I loved chatting with Brodie and found our talk so incredibly educational, as well as fun!
Have you tried acupuncture, or seen a TCM practitioner? Did you find it helpful?
- Philosophy, branches and goals of Chinese medicine
- How Chinese medicine approaches health differently from conventional (Western) medicine
- Why we’re asking all the wrong questions when it comes to health
- What to expect if you see a TCM practitioner
- How TCM considers candida (get ready for some yucky descriptions!)
- How TCM diagnoses illness
- How stress affects the body and its impact on healing
- Why the HH has no health issues (and why we’re a perfect match)
- Quick de-stress meditation exercise
- Brodie’s Calm Yourself program page
- Brodie’s 12 Treasures Qi Gong program
- Brodie’s FREE goodies just for RickiHeller.com fans!
- My review of Hippocrates Health Institute (where I experienced acupuncture and daily Qi Gong)
- More about Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Need help with your anti-candida diet? Check out the coaching packages
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Living Candida-Free
Brodie Welch is a Licensed Acupuncturist, herbalist, Senior Healing qi gong teacher, and Chinese Medicine expert and compassionate self-Care strategist practicing in Corvallis, Oregon. She loves catalyzing change for her patients and students by helping them understand the links between the body, mind, and spirit as described in Chinese Medicine. She has taught workshops on acupuncture, diet, herbs, psycho-emotional health, stress management, women’s health, and qi gong and yoga nationwide and abroad. Her students appreciate her dynamic style, passion, depth of knowledge, and ability to create a safe space for deep transformation.
Connect with Brodie on her website, Facebook, twitter, Vimeo or LinkedIn.
Never miss a recipe–or a comment from The Girls! Click here to subscribe to RickiHeller.com via email. You’ll get recipes as soon as they’re posted, plus weekly updates and news about upcoming events! (“We love subscribers, Mum. . . almost as much as we love treats!”
[Disclosure: this post may contain affiliate links. If you buy using these links, at no cost to you, I will earn a small commission on the sale.]
I am way behind on everything and haven’t blogged since last year. I missed this article when originally posted.
Qigong is awesome – I attend sessions MWF from 8:00am-9:00am. So glad you found it!
Rita has been a TCM student and should be graduating soon. Thank you for publicizing this amazing alternative wellness practice.
Best wishes to you on you health and nutrition journey as this is an important one and needs to be shared.
Ricki Heller says
Thank you so much, Gretchen! And congrats to both of you on making use of this great healing modality. I loved Qigong when I practiced it at Hippocrates, and have kept up the practice as best as I can on my own. How fabulous for Rita, too! 🙂