One of the comments I hear from people when I tell them that I use stevia as a sweetener is, “Ewwww, I hate stevia! I tried it once, but I just couldn’t use it. It tasted so bitter (or metallic, or awful, or [insert distasteful adjective here]).
For me, it’s been so long now that I don’t even remember whether or not I initially found the taste of stevia off-putting. If I did, I clearly got over it. Stevia is, hands down, my favorite sweetener, and I use it pretty much daily.
I love the health benefits of stevia and am personally not overly concerned about the so-called negative attributes (which generally trace back to a single study done on rats).
I talk more about why I love stevia in today’s video, but more importantly, how I work with it to ensure that there is NO BITTER (or metallic, or awful, or [insert distasteful adjective here]) aftertaste when using it. Really!
If you think you don’t like stevia, this video is a must-watch.
Are you a fan–or a foe–of stevia? Why? What’s your experience been like with it? Share in the comments!
For even more help learning to LOVE stevia, grab this free ebook
with 3 Hacks to Celebrate Stevia!
Video Highlights and mentions:
- What stevia is, and how it’s different from other zero-calorie sweeteners
- Some great health benefits of stevia
- Different reasons why people steer clear of stevia
- My four tips for ensuring your treats made with stevia taste GREAT
- NuNaturals liquid stevia
- NuNaturals pure stevia powder
- SweetLeaf stevia
- NOW stevia
- Organic Traditions Pure Stevia Leaf Powder
- FREE Celebrate Stevia Ebook
- Candida Kick-Start program
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- The Sweet Life Health Club for ongoing support
- Want to work with me? Sign up for a free clarity call.
- Stevia helps lower blood pressure
- Stevia helps kill cancer cells
- Stevia and fertility studies (updated info)
- Low Carb Canada (to order stevia in Canada)
Subscribe for recipes and more about sugar-free living! Click here to subscribe to RickiHeller.com via email. You’ll receive notice of recipes and videos as soon as they’re posted, plus weekly updates and news about upcoming events. A healthy lifestyle CAN be sweet!
[Disclosure: Links in this post may be affiliate links. If you choose to purchase using those links, at no cost to you, I will receive a small percentage of the sale.]