We all love smoothies! Smoothies are sweet, thick, creamy–and also quick and easy to make. They’re great when you have 10 minutes in the morning before you have to rush out of the house to make it to work.
But sadly, most typical smoothies aren’t as healthy as you might think they are. When I see recipes loaded with banana, mango, dates, or multiple other fruits, I cringe at all the sugars they contain. Yes, these are natural sugars (way better than refined cane sugar), but they will still have an impact on blood sugar and, especially, candida. Did you know that dates have the highest sugar content of any fruit?
When I was first diagnosed with candida related complex, I knew that I couldn’t consume any of those overly sweet fruits (or pretty much any fruit at all). Still, I was determined that I wouldn’t give up my super-convenient smoothies for breakfast on occasion. So I came up with other ideas to create fruit-free smoothies that are all candida diet-friendly.
Take a look at this week’s video to find out what I do to create delicious, satisfying smoothies–without the fruit.
Video Highlights and mentions:
- How much sugar is in your typical smoothie fruits like banana, dates, mango?
- How to use candida-friendly fruits (lemon, lime, cranberry) in smoothies
- How to make your smoothies super creamy without fruit
- My favorite “secret ingredient” to replace fruit for sweetness and creaminess
- Living Candida-Free (Book):
- Anti-Candida Digital Cookbooks
- Smooth Operator Smoothie (recipe)
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Candida Kick-Start program
- The Sweet Life Health Club (ongoing special diet support
Q. What’s your best tip for making your smoothies healthier? I’d love to know–please share in the comments!
Subscribe for recipes and more about sugar-free living! Click here to subscribe to RickiHeller.com via email. You’ll receive notice of recipes and videos as soon as they’re posted, plus weekly updates and news about upcoming events. A healthy lifestyle CAN be sweet!
[Disclosure: Links in this post may be affiliate links. If you choose to purchase using those links, at no cost to you, I will receive a small percentage of the sale.]