We all know that an anti-candida diet is essential when you’re fighting the beast that is yeast, and there’s a whole list of “do not eat” comestibles. But I think there’s a special category within the anti-candida diet that I refer to as “Anti-Candida Superstar Foods.”
Superstar foods are the ones that can actively help your healing along, in one of four main ways:
- They actively kill off some of the excess fungus and yeast in the body (ie, anti-fungal foods);
- They help to reduce inflammation, thereby allowing your own immune system to operate more effectively (anti-inflammatory foods);
- They help to heal leaky gut, which is almost always an issue with candida (healing foods); and
- They actively boost the immune system, allowing your body to effectively heal itself (immune-boosting foods).
I’m going to add one more “Honorable Mention” category, too: Hypo-allergenic foods–that is, those foods least likely to spur allergic reactions–which will also lessen the load on the immune system.
I’ll deal with each of these categories in a separate video as part of the “Anti-Candida Superstar Foods” series.
In today’s video, I address my top six picks for anti-inflammatory foods. Since inflammation is at the root of chronic illness–including candida–it’s imperative to get it under control if you want to beat candida.
Question: Do you eat these anti-inflammatory foods regularly? Or, what other anti-inflammatory foods do you like to include in your diet? Share in the comments!
- Which single food is better at fighting inflammation than over-the-counter medications
- The one food that kills pathogens while providing amazing antioxidant power
- Which common fruit has the highest antioxidant value
- One food you should eat daily (or more often)
- Great plant-based sources of this key anti-inflammatory fat
- Which yummy anti-inflammatory food matches Ricki’s T-shirt!
- How to incorporate these foods into your everyday menus
- The Sweet Life Club (ongoing support for sugar-free, gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free living)
- Living Candida-Free (Book)
- Living Candida Free (free Facebook group)
- Anti-Candida Digital Cookbooks
- Candida Diet Individual Coaching
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Anti-Candida Superstar Foods Part 1
- Anti-Candida Superstar Foods Part 2
- 9 Common Herbs and Spices that Reduce Inflammation
- Anti-Inflammatory Latte
- Kale Salad, Fully Loaded
- Tuscan Chard & Bean Soup
- Raw Collard Wraps with Carrot Pate
- Nori Snacks
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. If you choose to purchase using those links, at no cost to you, I will receive a small percentage of the sale.
Subscribe for recipes and more about living well without sugar, gluten, eggs or dairy! Click here to subscribe to RickiHeller.com via email. You’ll receive emails sharing recipes and videos as soon as they’re posted, plus weekly updates and news about upcoming events. A healthy lifestyle CAN be sweet!