In Part One of the “All About Probiotics” series, I talked about the different types of probiotics and where to find them.
But how do you know which types to take? And what about when to take them? We’re learning more and more about probiotics daily, as well as how crucial they are to our good health. My feeling is that, if you want to ensure a healthy gut microbiome, you should be supplementing with probiotics daily. (Yep, even after your gut is healed–because let’s face it, our modern world just doesn’t feed our bodies like it used to).
In today’s video, I talk about why probiotics are important, some of the key strains and how they support good health, and when is the best time to take your beneficial bacteria.
Question: Do you take a daily probiotic? Do you have a probiotic supplement that you love? Share in the comments!
- Why your gut microbiome is like having an army waging war within
- The main functions of probiotics in the body and how they help support good health
- Which two general kinds of probiotics are most common, and which key strains you should look for when you buy
- The key probiotic strain to take if you deal with oral thrush due to candida
- When is it better to take your probiotics, with food–or on an empty stomach?
- The Sweet Life Club (ongoing support for sugar-free, gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free living)
- Living Candida-Free (Book)
- Living Candida Free (free Facebook group)
- Anti-Candida Digital Cookbooks
- Candida Diet Individual Coaching
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Best probiotic strains
- World Journal of Gastroenterology study
- Video: Probiotics, Part 1 (The 3 general types of probiotics and their sources)
- Video: Probiotics, Part 2: Benefits and How to Take Probiotics
Disclosure: Links in this post may be affiliate links. If you choose to purchase using those links, at no cost to you, I will receive a small percentage of the sale.
Subscribe for recipes and more about living well without sugar, gluten, eggs or dairy! Click here to subscribe to RickiHeller.com via email. You’ll receive emails sharing recipes and videos as soon as they’re posted, plus weekly updates and news about upcoming events. A healthy lifestyle CAN be sweet!