For many of us on sugar-free diets, the reason we got here in the first place is a love of sweets. I’ve made no secret that I consider myself a sugar addict. If I’m honest, I still have issues around most sweet things, even those sweetened with stevia, xylitol or other low- and no-glycemic sweeteners.
Yup, two weeks with no added sweeteners.
The idea was to effect a re-set of my palate and my eating habits, to help ensure I don’t go haywire over the holiday season. After all, it’s now well-known that even the taste of something sweet on the tongue can trigger the desire for more sweets. And as creatures of habit, people who are accustomed to eating sweet things every day will only continue to build that habit unless they stop the cycle.
In today’s video, I talk about why I’m taking two weeks with no added sweeteners, what I’ve been eating each day, and the effects I’ve noticed so far.
Have you ever cut out ALL added sweeteners from your diet? Not only no sweet treats like cookies, cakes, candy, ice cream and so on, but nothing in your coffee or tea, oatmeal; nothing on your pancakes or waffles; and nothing in your soups, sauces or salad dressings?
I’d love to hear about your experiences–please share in the comments!
- Why I’m cutting out all sweeteners for two weeks
- What does it mean to eat entirely “sweetener-free”?
- What kind of breakfast works best when you’re avoiding all sweeteners?
- What I’ve been eating on this new detox
- How your palate will change
- How your habits can sabotage your success
- Physical changes that occur as a result of the change in diet
- Individual Coaching (customized help adapting to your new healthy diet)
- Candida Kick-Start Program (everything you need to know to kick your candida)
- The Sweet Life Club (ongoing support for sugar-free, gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free living)
- Living Candida-Free (Book)
- Living Candida Free (Facebook group)
- Anti-Candida Digital Cookbooks
- Instagram images of what I’ve been eating (starting here)
- Cauliflower Tots recipe
- Massaged Kale with Avocado Salad recipe
- Raw Collard Rolls recipe
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Video: 14 Days without Any Sweeteners
Disclosure: Links in this post may be affiliate links. If you choose to purchase using those links, at no cost to you, I will receive a small percentage of the sale.
Subscribe for recipes and more about living well without sugar, gluten, eggs or dairy! Click here to subscribe to RickiHeller.com via email. You’ll receive emails sharing recipes and videos as soon as they’re posted, plus weekly updates and news about upcoming events. A healthy lifestyle CAN be sweet!