It can be incredibly frustrating.
Your practitioner commands you to eliminate a whole list of foods from your diet so that you can improve your digestion, symptoms, and overall health.
It sounds nearly impossible–you mean, you want me to take out gluten? But what about bread? Bagels? Cereal? Pasta? PIZZA???.
Or it could be dairy (Milk? Cheese?? ICE CREAM????).
Possibly sugar (But how will I sweeten my coffee? Or eat chocolate? Or yogurt? Or–what’s that? Sugar is in healthy granola bars? And my favorite soy sauce? And salad dressings? And spaghetti sauce?? And canned soups?? And my deli meats??? And McDonald’s FRENCH FRIES???? And on. . . .).
You might even be told to cut out eggs, corn, nuts, soy, citrus fruits, shellfish–or any number of other common (or uncommon) allergens.
It’s tough, but you agree to do it. After all, your health is paramount, right?
So you follow the diet perfectly. You pine for your “regular” foods, but you stick with it. . . and then. . .
Your symptoms don’t resolve. You still feel like a wet dishrag that’s been sitting on the counter overnight. You’re fatigued, foggy-brained, bloated, in pain–and pretty ticked off.
So what’s going on? Is it possible to stick to your restricted diet 100%–and still not get better?
In today’s video, I talk about some of the other factors to consider if you’ve been following a restricted diet for health, but still not seeing the results you’d like.
Question: What other factors do you think might be playing (or have played) a role in your own recovery? Share in the comments so others can think about (and address) those, too!
- How my opinion about “cheating” on your diet has changed over the years
- What to consider besides food
- Things you consume that could be causing symptoms
- Potential red flag with B vitamins
- Which factor caused my own symptoms to flare this summer
- Why you can’t take this out of your food no matter what diet you follow
- New Facebook group: Healthy Eating Made Easy: Eat Well, Live Happily with Food Restrictions
- FREE Top 10 Quick and Easy Anti-Candida Diet Recipes
- Candida Kick-Start program
- The Sweet Life Club (ongoing support for sugar-free, gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free living)
- Living Candida-Free (Book)
- Anti-Candida Digital Cookbooks
- Candida Diet Individual Coaching
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Homemade chocolate recipe: Raw Superfood Chocolate
- Homemade chocolate recipe: So-Easy Orange-Goji Chocolates
- Homemade chocolate recipe: Chocolate-Nut Bark (sweetened with stevia-only)
- Video: Perfect Diet and Still Not Healthy?
- Video: Is it Okay to Cheat on an Anti-Candida Diet?
- Video: Cheating on an Anti-Candida Diet and Other Myths
Disclosure: Links in this post may be affiliate links. If you choose to purchase using those links, at no cost to you, I will receive a small percentage of the sale.
Subscribe for health information, products and promotions about healthy eating and holistic living, and recipes without sugar, gluten, eggs or dairy! Click here to subscribe to RickiHeller.com via email. You’ll receive emails sharing information and recipes as soon as they’re posted, plus weekly updates and news about programs and upcoming events. A healthy lifestyle CAN be sweet!