It’s a story I hear from my clients far too often: “Everything was going just great! I was eating foods that are 100% compliant with my restricted diet. I was planning my food, taking lunch to the office, cooking extra on weekends so that I wouldn’t have to worry about what to eat for breakfast. . . and I was feeling great. My husband was thrilled with how much better I looked and felt. And my kids were thrilled because I actually had the energy to spend time with them, and I wasn’t in a foul mood all the time. I was feeling better than I have in years, and I was really happy with the food I was eating. And then. . . “
It’s what follows “and then” that becomes the problem. For some of them, it’s a birthday celebration. For others, a trip abroad. And for many people right now, it’s the holiday season.
“Why is it I can be so perfect on my diet for weeks–even months–and as soon as the holidays hit, I begin to crack? I feel like I have no more willpower, and I just can’t resist all the amazing foods. What the heck is going on?”
In today’s video, I talk about the different factors that can contribute to our feeling helpless around foods, especially all the foods of the holidays. But you don’t have to succumb to the call of the pumpkin pie, chocolate truffles, eggnog or any other holiday foods.
Watch today’s video to find out what I think is at play here, and some of the ways to handle it.
Tell me in the comments: Have you had slip-ups at certain periods during the year? What are your tips and strategies to deal with the allure of holiday foods? Share so that others can benefit from your wisdom!
- How our instinctive wiring and genes play a role in what we crave
- How holiday eating differs from day-to-day eating
- The community effect that influences us
- The tribal effect that influences us
- What you can do instead to alleviate the negative influences
- New Facebook group: Healthy Eating Made Easy: Eat Well, Live Happily with Food Restrictions
- FREE Top 10 Quick and Easy Anti-Candida Diet Recipes
- Naturally Sweet & Gluten-Free (with Sweet Potato Browne recipe mentioned at 10:54)
- RECLAIM application form
- Candida Kick-Start program
- The Sweet Life Club (ongoing support for sugar-free, gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free living)
- Living Candida-Free (Book)
- Anti-Candida Digital Cookbooks
- Individual Coaching with Ricki
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Video: Why is it so hard to stick with it during the holidays?
Disclosure: Links in this post may be affiliate links. If you choose to purchase using those links, at no cost to you, I will receive a small percentage of the sale.
Subscribe for health information, products and promotions about healthy eating and holistic living, and recipes without sugar, gluten, eggs or dairy! Click here to subscribe to RickiHeller.com via email. You’ll receive emails sharing information and recipes as soon as they’re posted, plus weekly updates and news about programs and upcoming events. A healthy lifestyle CAN be sweet!