Do you enjoy all the sweet treats over the holidays?
Most often, the story I hear goes like this: you’ve been following a restricted diet, either for candida or another chronic condition like Lyme disease, arthritis, eczema, or something else. You’ve established a pretty good pattern of eating healthy foods, and you’ve stuck with it pretty well over time. You feel comfortable with the diet and you know what you should and shouldn’t be eating.
Then the holidays suddenly arrive. You’re faced with a panoply of holiday treats and once-a-year foods, like pumpkin pie; pecan pie; chocolate truffles; gooey cinnamon rolls; eggnog; peppermint-everything; warm, creamy dips and spreads; stuffing–and on and on.
It feels somehow wrong to simply refuse these special treats. After all, they’re only here at this time of year. There’s the rest of the year still left to “eat on the plan.”
Plus, everyone else is eating all this stuff! Do you really want to be left out of the party?
So what do you do? Do you allow those treats back in for a limited time, or do you forgo them altogether and push through the holidays without them?
Well, I think there might be another way entirely.
Watch today’s video to see what I think is the best solution, depending on your own individual situation.
Question: How do you approach eating sweets during the holidays? Do you give yourself time “off” from your regular eating, or do you have other strategies to deal with it? Share in the comments, below!
- How do the holidays affect your healthy eating plan?
- The 3 reasons we tend to eat foods that aren’t best for our health
- What happens when you reach for those “forbidden” foods and how it affects you
- My solution to wanting to eat sweets at the holidays
- How to keep your anti-candida diet and still eat sweets
- How the Candida Kick-Start and Sweet Life club can help
- BLACK FRIDAY SALE!–-all the best products on sale! Only until MONDAY, NOVEMBER 26, 2018.
- New Facebook group: Healthy Eating Made Easy: Eat Well, Live Happily with Food Restrictions
- FREE Top 10 Quick and Easy Anti-Candida Diet Recipes
- Candida Kick-Start program
- The Sweet Life Club (ongoing support for sugar-free, gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free living)
- Living Candida-Free (Book)
- Anti-Candida Digital Cookbooks
- Individual Coaching with Ricki
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Black Bean Fudge recipe
- Recipe Index on this blog
- Video: Can Sweet Treats Be Part of a Healthy Holiday?
Disclosure: Links in this post may be affiliate links. If you choose to purchase using those links, at no cost to you, I will receive a small percentage of the sale.
Subscribe for health information, products and promotions about healthy eating and holistic living, and recipes without sugar, gluten, eggs or dairy! Click here to subscribe to RickiHeller.com via email. You’ll receive emails sharing information and recipes as soon as they’re posted, plus weekly updates and news about programs and upcoming events. A healthy lifestyle CAN be sweet!