Whenever I ask my clients or people in my programs what is their greatest challenge sticking to their dietary restrictions, one of the first answers I normally hear is, “Prepping all that healthy food just takes TOO LONG.”
Of course, it makes sense that in our modern society, where we expect almost everything to be instant and easily accessible, that having to buy, prep, and cook food from scratch can seem an insurmountable task.
Add to that having to learn about new foods and how to cook them, and you have a recipe for overwhelm (sorry, couldn’t resist).
In today’s video, I talk about what to do if you feel as if you’re spending all of your free time working on food prep. I’ve been cooking 95% from scratch for most of my life, and I’ve learned a thing or two about what makes it easier and what makes the process run more smoothly.
It might not be what you think.
Question: Do you cook your own foods from scratch? What tips can you share about how to make the process easier, or faster?
- Why having to prep your own food can be a bit of a shock for most people.
- One disadvantage we have today when it comes to prepping food from scratch, compared to our parents’ generation.
- How to reframe the task so that you don’t resent having to cook from scratch and prep your own food.
- Why “quick and easy” doesn’t have to equal “simple and boring.”
- The origin of a famous Italian pasta dish
- Why it’s a myth that you don’t have the time to prep your own foods
- Information about The Sweet Life Club and how it can help
- Subscribe to Ricki’s email list for The Sweet Life offer mentioned in the video
- The Sweet Life Club (more details about this amazing, supportive group for sugar-free, gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free living)
- New Facebook group: Food Restrictions Made Easy: Eat Well, Live Happily with Food Restrictions
- FREE Top 10 Quick and Easy Anti-Candida Diet Recipes
- Candida Kick-Start program
- Living Candida-Free (Book)
- Anti-Candida Digital Cookbooks
- Individual Coaching with Ricki
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Video: Does Healthy Food Prep Take Too Long? Here’s What To Do
Disclosure: Links in this post may be affiliate links. If you choose to purchase using those links, at no cost to you, I will receive a small percentage of the sale.
Subscribe for health information, products and promotions about healthy eating and holistic living, and recipes without sugar, gluten, eggs or dairy! Click here to subscribe to RickiHeller.com via email. You’ll receive emails sharing information and recipes as soon as they’re posted, plus weekly updates and news about programs and upcoming events. A healthy lifestyle CAN be sweet!
Leave a Reply