When I was first diagnosed with candida overgrowth in 1999 and then again in 2009, I was obsessed with my symptoms.
And no wonder: when candida reared its ugly head that second time, it appeared as an angry, red rash that covered most of the front of my body, that hurt and itched at the same time, and that seemed to have a life of its own.
It was all I could think about: was it any bigger today? How would I stop the pain and itching? What could I do to make it GO AWAY?? And so on.
Of course, it’s totally natural that we’d be concerned with our symptoms of ill health, whether from candida overgrowth or something else. Symptoms are a physical, visual indication that something isn’t functioning properly in our bodies, so it only makes sense that we’d want to be rid of them as soon as possible.
Over the years, my symptoms did diminish, to the point that I consider myself “clear” of candida today, and I can say with confidence that my body is “95% candida-free, 99% of the time.”
But what about that other one per cent? When symptoms do decide to make an encore appearance, what can be done then?
In today’s video, I share my experience with symptom flare-ups over the years, and how I’ve learned to deal with them so that they never flare up too severely, and never last too long.
Question: How do you keep symptom flares to a minimum? How do you handle it when they do flare up?
- Some reasons behind symptom flare-ups
- Typical reactions to symptom flare-ups
- The general pattern of symptom flare-ups for most people
- My radical approach to symptom flare-ups that actually made them go away!
- Physical and mental aspects of flare-ups
- New Facebook group: Food Restrictions Made Easy: Eat Well, Live Happily with Food Restrictions
- FREE Top 10 Quick and Easy Anti-Candida Diet Recipes
- Candida Kick-Start program
- The Sweet Life Club (ongoing support for sugar-free, gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free living)
- Living Candida-Free (Book)
- Living Candida Free (free Facebook group)
- Anti-Candida Digital Cookbooks
- Candida Diet Individual Coaching
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
Video: What to Do When Symptoms Flare
Disclosure: Links in this post may be affiliate links. If you choose to purchase using those links, at no cost to you, I will receive a small percentage of the sale.
Subscribe for recipes and more about living well without sugar, gluten, eggs or dairy! Click here to subscribe to RickiHeller.com via email. You’ll receive emails sharing recipes and videos as soon as they’re posted, plus weekly updates and news about upcoming events. A healthy lifestyle CAN be sweet!
Leave a Reply