Last month, my dad turned 98. Ninety-eight!! While I wasn’t surprised based on my dad’s history, I have been truly shocked by what’s changed in his life in recent years since he moved into an assisted living residence and, almost a year ago, into a nursing home.
In today’s video, I talk about the way my dad ate most of his life and what has changed since he no longer has home-cooked meals (my mother used to cook from scratch, and when she died at age 62, my dad began to cook for himself).
My father has always been an example to me of how to eat well and how to live a healthful life–and these recent years are no exception (though perhaps not for the reasons you might think).
Here’s what I’ve learned about health and food from my dad.
Question: Do you think there’s a direct correlation between what you eat and your physical and mental health? What connections have you noticed in your own life?
- How my dad ate most of his life
- What my dad used to do to stay healthy in terms of exercise and medications
- The types of food they serve at the nursing home
- Changes I’ve noticed in my father since he moved to the home
- My conclusions about what you eat and how it impacts your health and well-being
- What to do to avoid cheating on your candida diet
- Free ebook: Top Ten Quick and Easy Anti-Candida Diet Recipes
- Get on the RECLAIM program info list
- Free Facebook group: Food Restrictions Made Easy (mention that you learned about it here!)
- Candida Kick-Start program
- The Sweet Life Club (ongoing support for sugar-free, gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free living)
- Living Candida-Free (Book)
- Living Candida Free (free Facebook group)
- Anti-Candida Digital Cookbooks
- Candida Diet Individual Coaching
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
Disclosure: Links in this post may be affiliate links. If you choose to purchase using those links, at no cost to you, I will receive a small percentage of the sale.
Subscribe for recipes and more about living well without sugar, gluten, eggs or dairy! Click here to subscribe to RickiHeller.com via email. You’ll receive emails sharing recipes and videos as soon as they’re posted, plus weekly updates and news about upcoming events. A healthy lifestyle CAN be sweet!