We’ve all had these kinds of slip-ups: maybe an argument, or a problem at work, or even something fabulous, like your kid just got engaged. And then. . .
Whether we’re angry, or stressed, or bored, or even happy, so many of us eat when we have strong emotions that are tough to deal with. And that’s exactly what we mean when we talk about “emotional eating.”
I grew up in a family that was full of strong emotions, but most of which were never shared in a healthy way. As a result, my mother provided a perfect role model for what not to do: eat when you were upset, bored, depressed, or even happy.
In today’s video, I talk about the ways that emotional eating can play a prominent role in our lives, why this is a problem, and why it’s particularly dangerous for anyone following an anti-candida diet.
Question: How do you deal with emotional eating? Have you found a way to nip it in the bud and avoid eating your emotions? (please share in the comments!)
- How emotional eating fits into many of our lives
- How emotional eating played a major role in my life growing up
- Ricki’s version of “twice-baked potatoes,” (mentioned in the video), here.
- The many drawbacks associated with emotional eating
- How emotional eating creates a double negative
- How emotional eating can interfere with your social life
- Why it’s particularly difficult when someone with candida is an emotional eater
- An important question to ask yourself to begin to overcome emotional eating
- The next step after you identify patterns of emotional eating
- Watch the FREE masterclass, “5 Steps to Stick with It While Clearing Candida–So You Can Love Your Food, Reclaim Your Health and Never Slip Up Again.”
- Interested in RECLAIM? Schedule a free call to find out more!
- Free Facebook group: Food Restrictions Made Easy (mention that you learned about it here!)
- Candida Kick-Start program
- The Sweet Life Club (ongoing support for sugar-free, gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free living)
- Living Candida-Free (Book)
- Living Candida Free (free Facebook group)
- Anti-Candida Digital Cookbooks
- Candida Diet Individual Coaching
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Video: What We Learned About Food and Why We Must Unlearn It
Disclosure: Links in this post may be affiliate links. If you choose to purchase using those links, at no cost to you, I will receive a small percentage of the sale.
Subscribe for recipes and more about living well without sugar, gluten, eggs or dairy! Click here to subscribe to RickiHeller.com via email. You’ll receive emails sharing recipes and videos as soon as they’re posted, plus weekly updates and news about upcoming events. A healthy lifestyle CAN be sweet!
Leave a Reply