Right now, you might be experiencing anxiety and stress. . . beyond the usual.
At the time of this post, the world is in the very center of the COVID-19 pandemic. My hubby, the Girls and I are at home about 99.9% of the time (we leave the house only to walk the dogs).
Since November, 2019, when the first case of the novel coronavirus was reported out of China, things changed quickly.
As of today, we’ve all moved from a world in which the vast population on the planet was free to move around within our communities, find or purchase food, interact with other people, plan events like parties, weddings, conferences or even sports events.
It’s natural to feel anxiety when you’re sequestered at home and your normal routine and circle of friends and family has changed; it would be strange if you didn’t experience it right now. However, it’s how you react to it and what you do with it that can make the difference between getting through this next period in history successfully, mind and health intact, or suffering through to the other side.
In today’s video, I talk about the first step to addressing the anxiety in a way that allows you to deal with it effectively.
- Why your reaction to anxiety might actually exacerbate the problem
- Keeping in mind the unique situation we find ourselves in today
- A balanced way to respond to the current anxiety
- Something important to remember about how humans react to adversity
- The first step to move beyond the anxiety
- The typical pattern that occurs with anxiety
- What happens during a panic attack
- A useful way to mentally approach the anxiety
- Update on my symptoms (turned out NOT to be COVID-19).
- Subscribe to my email newsletter
- Limited Time sliding scale One-on-One Coaching with Ricki (March/April 2020 only).
- Free Facebook group: Food Restrictions Made Easy (mention that you learned about it here!)
- The Sweet Life Club (ongoing support for sugar-free, gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free living)
- Living Candida-Free (Book)
- Anti-Candida Digital Cookbooks
- Individual Coaching
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Video: The First Step to Deal with Anxiety
Disclosure: Links in this post may be affiliate links. If you choose to purchase using those links, at no cost to you, I will receive a small percentage of the sale.
Subscribe for recipes and more about living well without sugar, gluten, eggs or dairy! Click here to subscribe to RickiHeller.com via email. You’ll receive emails sharing recipes and videos as soon as they’re posted, plus weekly updates and news about upcoming events. A healthy lifestyle CAN be sweet!